what a load of rubbish!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Where's the test card gone? Used to love watching that when I got in from the pub :wacko:
Bill and Ben stayed up late and nicked it!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I'm with ColinJ - there's plenty of good stuff in the schedule - for me, not much of the stuff that's to my taste shows in prime time though, so I record the things I like & catch up with them later.

I get a good few hours of viewing a week from Film4 alone...

You need to switch your viewing from passive to active! Instead of just sticking the TV on and aimlessly wandering about the channels looking for something to watch, sit down at the start of the week and go though the TV guide seeking out interesting programmes, which may be on at times which are not convenient to you. Set your PVR to record them and build up a library of things to watch. I have hours worth of history, nature, science and technology recordings to watch, along with 5 or 6 films, and episodes from a couple of series. I also record the Channel 4 news every evening so I can catch up with that later on.

Spot on.
I get the Radio Times each week (yes that is quaint) but I do find they tend to highlight the quality programmes and they have a good film review and layout section.
It is then quite easy to record a few decent things.

We watched Castles in the Sky last night - good BBC drama. We record things like Garndners World and a few other things and watch them together.

Lullabelle

Banana
This evening we have 2 hours of cycling to record then find time during the week to watch.

I like to watch University Challenge, they may be educated but know very little about quality rock music :headshake:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
the best thing on at the moment is the repeats of the x-files on h2…

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
It's fascinating reading about TV. I never feel the need to actually own one or watch it.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Considering you didn't mention the singing and dancing type vote me off shows, does that mean you like them? :smile:
My wife likes Strictly I must admit so we watch that. I prefer documentaries and educational programs. Don't watch many films nor soaps. I find bbc4 ok though. Hate daytime tv.

stephec

Legendary Member
white.fe likes Strictly I must admit so we watch that. I prefer documentaries and educational programs. Don't watch many films nor soaps. I find bbc4 ok though. Hate daytime tv.
So does mine but I still won't watch it, bag of shite. :smile:

Top Bottom