What are you all listening to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Played Ragin' Full On to death back in the day and it still sounds pretty good.

Had a bit of a session Friday night which included;

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath-Black Sabbath
King Of Limbs-Radiohead
Laughing Stock-Talk Talk
Tusk-Fleetwood Mac
Collected-Massive Attack

View from the chair(bottle of Kwak hidden^_^);

IMG_20151204_192826659.jpg

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Currently listening to an Elvis 4CD set called Today, Tomoz and Forevs, it's a 100 tracks worth of alt takes from the start of Elvis's recording career (July 1954) to the end (Oct 76). It's all pretty good stuff, nice book too with tons of greats photos, not bad for £8.

Sample track chosen at random, alt take 9.

What you may or may not know about our Elvis is that he had an idea in his head about exactly how each track should sound so there were often dozens of takes until it was what he wanted, he also got to check over the masters before discs were pressed to make sure they were as he thought they should sound.

Currently listening to an Elvis 4CD set called Today, Tomoz and Forevs, it's a 100 tracks worth of alt takes from the start of Elvis's recording career (July 1954) to the end (Oct 76). It's all pretty good stuff, nice book too with tons of greats photos, not bad for £8.

Sample track chosen at random, alt take 9.

What you may or may not know about our Elvis is that he had an idea in his head about exactly how each track should sound so there were often dozens of takes until it was what he wanted, he also got to check over the masters before discs were pressed to make sure they were as he thought they should sound.

Oddly I have been listening to Elvis's new album. Love the originals but it is a good twist on his work and the choice of tracks seems to be an interesting one with a few less known tracks in there.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSik4UQz668

I am not sure from your post if you were not a fan of this as you have gone for the originals.

Drago

Legendary Member
Pump by Aerosmith. They nailed it with this one.

TVC

After 20 years China Crisis have produced a new album, not available in the shops yet, but I've got my copy. A joy.

AndyRM

XOXO
Sunn O))) - Kannon

It's probably their most accessible album, which seems a strange description, but they really are an acquired taste. No drums, massive chords, huge sound. Best listened to in the dark wearing a robe.

Top Bottom