What brandy would you recommend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cyclopathic

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I'm a huge fan of any Armagnac. Brandy...but better.

And it also does all this (from wiki)

"It makes disappear redness and burning of the eyes, and stops them from tearing; it cures hepatitis, sober consumption adhering. It cures gout, cankers, and fistula by ingestion; restores the paralysed member by massage; and heals wounds of the skin by application. It enlivens the spirit, partaken in moderation, recalls the past to memory, renders men joyous, preserves youth and retards senility. And when retained in the mouth, it loosens the tongue and emboldens the wit, if someone timid from time to time himself permits"

What's not to like!
Sounds like a potential winner. A pint of Armagnac it is then.

OP
OP
Cyclopathic

Cyclopathic

Veteran
These go really well with brandy..

bench1.jpg
That is one fancy park bench right there and befitting of a good brandy. The ones on the park near me are made of metal and covered in graffiti, remnants of kebab and youths. Much more a Bells sort of a bench.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Not to everyone's taste, but I love Spanish brandy.
Osborne is good.
My Dad always used to love Garvey's Esplendido - one of the cheapest Spanish brandies you can get. The opposite of a connoisseur's brandy, but fruity and very gluggable. I just don't know where you can get it, other than Spain. If you are ever over there, give it a go.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Whatever you do, avoid Calvados at all costs. It's vile. I'm not a big fan of Cognac either. It's like sipping Nitromors. Try Metaxa, Greek brandy. It's a bit sweet but slips down very easily after a meal in a Greek restaurant. Five star is fine. It's fabulous with Greek coffee.

Top Bottom