What car did you hire today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Should have asked for a Dacia

vickster

Legendary Member
None, I drove my own Skoda Fabia VRS to work, no power issues, indeed her turbo rather likes the cold weather once the supercharger has got her moving ;)

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
[QUOTE 4107320, member: 45"]65 plate Astra.

Very comfortable bucket seats.

Incredibly underpowered. Dropped right off on hills in 5th with cruise on on the motorway.

Power steering a bit hard.

Bluetooth would only play 20 seconds of music from my phone before dropping off.

Rear view too small.

5/10[/QUOTE]
Had one in Ireland late last year. Nice car.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Some little Citroen thing ( yesterday). All I remember about it is it had a great radio which included long wave, so I could listen to the cricket. Near the Essex coast a few Dutch radio stations started filtering through the mush on FM, they do great music radio those folks.

Last edited:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Last weekend, a huge white 8-seater Hyundai thingy. 1800 diesel, not that you could tell. Hired to take the family to London for my ancient parent's 90th. It coped adequately on the motorway; big sliding rear doors let everyone in and out easily; luggage space was more than enough. It was workmanlike rather than plush. There was a radio, I have no idea whether it worked. What else is there to say?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Not today, but I booked an Astra through work from our recommended supplier only to be told when I went to pick it up that they didn't have any available.
Wahey, I thought - free upgrade!
No, I was given a choice between a Peugeot 107 or a VW Caddy which were apparently the only two vehicles they had left on site.
I took the Pug, which to be fair wasn't bad for what it was as long as you kept the momentum up. Surprisingly heavy on petrol at motorway speeds though...

PpPete

Legendary Member
Last thing I rented was some Citroen C4 variant. Turning a perfectly respectable hatchback into a 'crossover' ruined it.
IMO
Heavy steering
Underpowered
Confusing dashboard

Frankly I have more fun in the C1 that we keep as short distance runaround in between use as practise vehicle for offspring learners.

Top Bottom