What car did you hire today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
[QUOTE 4148034, member: 45"]Strange. Mrs P was given a Renegade as a hire car today. Too wide, she said.[/QUOTE]
It's is a bit of a brute, but was less agricultural than I expected.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
We hired a Fiat 500 in Majorca last year. It was great fun to drive but when we got to the mountains we did consider getting out and pushing.

turn on the heater and it will almost straight away blast warm air about the coupe; turn on the diesel and you will have to wait twenty minutes before any air blown in your direction is about ambient temperature. Reason number two: In Norway the local Green party
[QUOTE 4139202, member: 45"]broker so it depends on which branch/company the car comes from. I usually specify a particular branch who know me pretty well and they look after me (and let me park my scooter in the corner of their shop). But occasionally it goes wrong. I drove up to Birmingham once and was due to pick up a hire car from an Enterprise branch there. On the way up they called to ask whether I still wanted my car. I thought it a bit strange, but realised when I got there they had run out of cars. I was met by a smiling bloke who cheerfully told me that I'd got an upgrade[/QUOTE]

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4485812, member: 259"]Kia Cee'd 1.7 (?) diesel from Firefly.

Very nice car to drive, comfortable and surprisingly quiet. I'm still not used to auto engine cutouts at traffic lights, though.[/QUOTE]
+1 on the engine cut out. Horrible feature! Had it on an auto Peugeot 208 in Croatia last week. Car was ok but let's say it didn't perform quite like my Fabia VRS estate!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 4487166, member: 45"]I discovered this evening that when you drop a gear it matches the revs so that you can drop the clutch seamlessly. I like that bit.[/QUOTE]

Eurgh a manual gearbox.

Top Bottom