What do i need to fix this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Magicon

Noob question.
Something fell off here
What do i need?
Please link to amazon product page or any other site you recommend.
Thanks in advance

nut bike lost.jpg

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Is it part of the quick release skewer that's missing?
Could you show a picture of the other side of the hub?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Is that a through axle you've got there? Check out the specs for your bike. What do you think fell off? Is anything loose like the axle itself or the wheel?
Maybe someone with this type of axle could help.

I theeeenk it's just the lever part of a QR that has fallen off ? Never had that happen before? I'm not sure if any lever would do or if it has to be the exact one.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Visit your local bike shop (with pictures above on your phone) and ask for a front QR skewer (for 100mm OLD hub).

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
Replace the quick releases - I wouldn't ride that until you have, as @ColinJ says the front wheel is not secured anymore - the cam mechanism which holds the wheel tight against the frame is no longer present. It's probably been overtightened and failed.

You can remove the existing one by putting a screwdriver through the hole and holding the nut on the other end it should unscrew quickly.

I'd get a decent quick release - I tend to find Shimano ones to be the best, you can get cheaper ones, but they use an open cam which whilst saving you a couple of grams in weight degrades quite quickly and then struggles to provide a strong clamping force.

Top Bottom