What do you want in the place of cars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Currently they, Northern, appear to be suffering from staff shortages. Meaning that one late train can see others being cancelled. Two hours recently to get from Leeds to Bradford, by train. One disappeared off the boards, the next cancelled, the third running nearly half an hour late. No warning/announcements for any of them. Just stood on platform 12C until the next train headed my way was shown as being from platform 11b.

I allow for one missing, at each stage of the journey. The bus missing puts me one back, which I allow for. Giving a total travel time twice that of the timetabled trip. I'd to travel beyond the interchange, and the ticket is marked as to where you start and end your journey. Not that it'd have made much difference because if I'd got to Bradford Interchange, via Forster Square, the same trains were still missing there.

Edited to add that 06:30 to 10:00 is rush hour on the Calder Valley line, Leeds to Manchester Victoria.

If it's any consolation, two weeks ago it took me 1 hour 20 mins to drive from South Leeds to Keighley, about 21 miles iirc, what with the road works on Manchester Rd, and hold ups on Mayo Ave too, by contrast I got to the Faverdale Industrial Estate in Darlington the day before in 1 hour 15 mins, getting in/out of Bradford is horrendous, regardless of mode of transport.

Top Bottom