What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Hard to be a God (having now read the book)

Made a lot more sense this time, but I still think the subtitles bear little relation to what's actually being said. After an hour I gave up on them entirely and decided who was who from my memory of the book, made for a much more satisfying experience. I need to find a Russian to confirm my suspicions.

It's the sort of film I'd like to have on a constant loop so I could dip in an out of it.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Just seen a preview screening of Legend, the new film about the Kray twins.
It's a decent enough film and Tom Hardy plays both roles well, but it left me feeling slightly underwhelmed.
Parts simply don't ring true, and in other parts it can't seem to decide if it's a comedy or a gangster movie, lurching from one to the other. So for all the good stuff it just doesn't live up to the hype.
Plus at 2hrs 11 mins its overlong.
7/10

PS - Mrs ND's opinion was that the previous Krays film with Martin Kemp in was better...

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Angel, presuming you haven't been interleaving them. Veronica Mars?
Charmed?:highfive:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST8bqp8gYkU

Last edited:

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Victoria. Filmed and acted in one take with no editing. A Spanish woman gets entangled with four criminals in Berlin. Very intense film. Whatever your reservations about subtitles, put them to one side for two hours and 20 minutes.

D

Deleted member 23692

Fantastic Four. 3/10

How can you make a boring film about something as interesting as 4 people with superpowers? I'm not sure who was more bored... me or the cast

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not last night, but a few nights ago i finally got round to watching What We Do In The Shadows... a mockumentary about a group of flat-sharing vampires. Definitely one of the better vampire films.

Last edited:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The Grand Budapest Hotel. Again.

Bloody brilliant. I like the story, and the performances a lot, but the framing of the shots, the cinematography and the production design are so, so wonderful.

The World's End

Probably my favourite of the Cornetto trilogy, I think - that surprised me, because I'm a big fan of Shaun of the Dead. Without giving away too much, I think the changed nature of the Frost/Pegg characters, compared to previous films, may have something to do with it.

Top Bottom