what gilet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom Hooper

currrently riding round in a jersey with arm warmer, and a northface jacket for emergancys(its not a cycling jacket), iv just bought some thermal tops, but looking to buy a gilet for when a jacket is to much, but struggling to find somthing that looks good keeps me warm and wont break the bank.

what are your personal choice? and do you use a gilet more than a jacket?

what brands are best to look at. looking to spend £40 can push to £50 for the right one,

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I had one of these and it was very good for the money ...
http://www.cycle-clothes.co.uk/cycling-gilet-showerproof-windproof-blue-sml

mattobrien

Guru
I bought one of these earlier in the year and am very pleased with it here Gore BIke Wear Path Active Shell Vest

The bonus being, well for you anyway, is that Wiggle currently have it at 40% off, which makes it a little cheaper than I paid, coming in at £45.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Was impressed with this for the money when I saw it recently ... will likely buy one next time I'm passing.
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/5-windproof-gilet-black-white-id_8221240.html
For me it had a long tail and a decent pocket (IMO rear pockets are necessary on a gilet to put stuff from your jersey otherwise the Gilet fits all wrong.), also it has mesh where you need it, but non-mesh keeping pour shoulders warm, and for the price, it's outstanding.
The only thing I didn't check is the fold size which may be bulkier than others.
A Gilet is an essential and very versitile piece of kit IMO.

Oops, added link!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I bought one of these earlier in the year and am very pleased with it here Gore BIke Wear Path Active Shell Vest

The bonus being, well for you anyway, is that Wiggle currently have it at 40% off, which makes it a little cheaper than I paid, coming in at £45.

+1 to this. I got one a cpl of months ago and far more breathable than LS jackets. Keeps the windchill off my chest and leaves my back ventilated.

MrC

I've been using the mavic hc vest from about 10 degrees down to 0. Not a lightweight vest, but warm and breathable

stu1903

Über Member
I have an Endura one. It's a water proof one made of neoprene and is warm and keeps your body dry. They don't seem to do it anymore.

musa

Über Member
I have the louis garneau one (along with helmet and leg warmers i like the stuff for some strange reason)

Top Bottom