What has irked you today ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A cycle commuter twit with a strobe light aimed too high.... in bright sunshine. Twit.

U

User33236

The young man walking slowly across the road with his full attention on his mobile phone screen and not a care in the world that traffic of any sort was bearing down on him.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That it's a bright day out but I have to work and can't cycle :smile:

Weather not too fab here. Not cycling as need to 'try' and pack two teenagers off to the caravan in Wales for a few days - not going too well as they aren't even up.

Sixmile

Veteran
A laminated anonymous sign in work.

A few months ago, my work finally made progress and got a shower installed in an existing toilet block in our rather big building. I managed to get a few lockers put nearby for the few of us who cycle/run in work. The odd day one or two of us would hang a piece of clothing, maybe a base layer or trousers over the radiator in the toilet to dry them out after getting a soaking or to save putting on a damp base layer in the evening. Now a sign saying 'do not leave clothes here' or something along those lines has been put up because someone has complained about the apparent smell. By the way, this is the toilet in work that all self-conscious males walk well out of their way to drop the kids off because its down a back hall and not a shared restroom like the others. The very same people have gurned none stop about the lockers too and have no understanding or willingness to accept that some people choose to cycle to work even with no C2W incentives or cycle parking facilities. Our carpark is overflowing, with cars waiting every morning, sometimes for hours, on a space wasting public money but encourage cycling? No chance.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
CC members who post annoying animated images, or borrow memes from elsewhere to post, instead of actually posting some English text.

screenman

Legendary Member
Repairing about 30 dents on a car, putting the tools away and writing the invoice, only then did I notice the dent in the middle of the roof. Only a 10 minute job, but it is still getting me how I missed it.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
A laminated anonymous sign in work.

A few months ago, my work finally made progress and got a shower installed in an existing toilet block in our rather big building. I managed to get a few lockers put nearby for the few of us who cycle/run in work. The odd day one or two of us would hang a piece of clothing, maybe a base layer or trousers over the radiator in the toilet to dry them out after getting a soaking or to save putting on a damp base layer in the evening. Now a sign saying 'do not leave clothes here' or something along those lines has been put up because someone has complained about the apparent smell. By the way, this is the toilet in work that all self-conscious males walk well out of their way to drop the kids off because its down a back hall and not a shared restroom like the others. The very same people have gurned none stop about the lockers too and have no understanding or willingness to accept that some people choose to cycle to work even with no C2W incentives or cycle parking facilities. Our carpark is overflowing, with cars waiting every morning, sometimes for hours, on a space wasting public money but encourage cycling? No chance.
What a bunch you must work with. I have a 20km ride to work and my gear is always all over the radiators in the changing rooms. Isnt that what changing rooms are for? Nobody ever complains.

acouple of years ago I asked for a bike shed. I was the only one that cycled to work. Within a month they had built a big bike shed and now half a dozen of us ride to work every day.

I must work for the right company.

davidphilips

Veteran
some nit in a car overtook me then turned braked hard for a left turn very nearly had me hit into his car and if i had run into the back of his car i am sure i would have been blamed, got home and a bike i bought of ebay arrived only to find it is not as good as described but will order some bits and fit different wheels so nothing really bad until i had a call and a friend passed on, puts minor upsets in perspective.
now what will tomorrow bring fun or upset.

Top Bottom