What have you cooked/baked today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
For me it is pulled pork and home made coleslaw:

pork1.jpg

Two mini pork shoulder joints (currently 2 for £7 in Tesco) coated with coarse sea salt, paprika and brown sugar

pork2.jpg

Seared in a pan....

pork3.jpg

Into the slow cooker for 7-8 hours

There was a recipe for the sauce but my lot didn't want it so we're having it plain so they can add their own....
bbqsauce_1.jpg

Then on to the coleslaw...
veg_1.jpg

Chop the veg (half a savoy cabbage, 1 red onion, x2 carrots) how you like it - I grate and chop for varied texture....
Then the marinade, which is very low fat:
100g of 0% greek yoghurt, 2 tsp of cider vinegar, 2 tsp of Dijon mustard and the juice of half a lemon.

coleslaw.jpg

Ta-da!

Shred the pork with two forks and serve in soft rolls, add sauce of your choice and top with the coleslaw.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Courgette lasagne for my friend who is coming to lunch, she should be somewhere on route now (it's 10 miles from me to her).
image.jpg

Fubar

Guru
God, now I'm really hungry!!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Went backberry picking last night with the kids and got about 2lb worth, lovely sweet things that don't need any sugar. will be popping over to my mates house tonight or in the morning for some apples off his tree then you can guess what I'm going to make.....

RAYMOND

Just cooked/ate chicken breast and beef rice..after cycling 50 miles.
Off to asda later might treat myself to 3...3 mind.. well its 3 for a pound pecan,maple syrup pastries ^_^

Top Bottom