What have you hit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ANT 666

Trying to re member
I ran over a small dog once, it ran off i stayed on, the owner went daft, called me all sorts of nasty names later that ride ran over a squirrel, had to stop and put it out of its misery.
Other times a rabbit, dead, and once a pheasant, lost a few feathers and flew off squarking.(bird not me)
Just missed a hedgehog once must be a risk of punctures with them, swerved round a snake in USA and had a kangaroo miss me by mms down under

Drago

Legendary Member
Came close to mowing down a badger recently, but never actually hit owt.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Pheasant, rabbit, squirels. Other birds. Got to work once and a bird was stuck to the radiator grill on the front of my car. Dead of course.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Last thing was a rat during a trip back to Essex last year. I got it with the front wheel, it banged it's head on the pedal as it jumped and then fell under the back wheel which ensured it's demise.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
A cat on my Brompton. It ran between the front wheel and the chainring, rolled over a few times and ran off to the side of the road. Luckily I had just come off a mini roundabout and wasn't going fast so I stayed upright.

kipster

Guru
A school boy who stepped out in front of me without looking. I did brake but it was too late, I did shout (it could've been a scream!), but not loud enough for him to hear me over the music coming out of his headphones, I did swerve but not enough, I did come off worse.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
One pigeon, quite a few snails, lots of flying ants and my fair share of cars :blush::tongue:

gbb

Legendary Member
One circa 5 year old child at around 16 mph. She was on a low tricycle type thing, on a path that crossed my section of quiet urban road. Bushes obscured her until she was inches from the road...out she blissfully pedalled about 6ft in front of me....over the handlebars i went, bike cartwheeling behind me. Miraculously she was unhurt. Mum scurried up, she thankfully realised it was incredibly lucky for the child....i think my words 'thank christ i wasnt in a car' struck home. :whistle: Gravel rash to my palms, slight bang to a hip....girl was unscathed but sobbing bless her.

Perilously close to one badger in the dark, frightened the life out of me.

One squirrel, he ran out...:ohmy:..than ran back :whistle:...then out again :ohmy: like he didnt know what to do....sadly he ended up doing a squirming death dance after he ended up under my wheel.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
A pedestrian. Sorry.

And nearly a dog once, with a boomerang (Involvement of bicycle: I cycled to the place where I did my boomeranging)

Top Bottom