What is this ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3614578, member: 9609"]I can't find anything on google for "Plavix Aprovel" -
It is like a short fat pen with what would appear to be a light in one end and an on-off push button, no light comes on when pressed. The pen does not seem to come apart in anyway and the cable is like a very short USB extension cable, there is no way to attach it to pen! (and even if the pen come appart I guess the cable would be too big) and a very smart little tin to keep it all in.

plavix_8005_zpshwvotqj2.jpg~original
[/QUOTE]
Plavix seems to be another name for the blood thinning drug clopidogrel. My guess would be it is a freebie given to a doctor. Is it maybe a torch?

BrynCP

Über Member
It could be a power block for charging your phone/other device out and about?

But usually there would be two sockets somewhere on the device, or "pen" in this instance, the small micro socket used for charging the "pen" and a normal USB for charging your device (i.e. reverse the cable).

midlife

Guru
Looks like a freebee torch from a drug rep for staring down someone's throat :smile: both names are drugs I guess by the same manufacturer

Shaun

BrynCP

Über Member
Does the silver cap (to the left of the picture, not the "pen lid") come off to reveal the USB plug?

Could also be a flash drive / torch type thing or just a torch.

PaulB

Legendary Member
What that black cable-thing is, right, is a skipping rope for a mouse who then takes off the lid of that tin thing and voila! A mouse's bed. That round thing is a cheese dispenser that needs a very clever human being, like a doctor, to click on and provide the mouse with sustenance to be nourished enough to take part in medical experiments. I thought that was so obvious, everyone would have seen it.

It has a join near the pocket clip, just pull that end off? I can't see how a USB A would fit anywhere, but t'other end should fit somewhere so you can charge the torch.

As a professional engineer I would suggest that this is one of those problems that can be overcome with the application of a hammer. Apply as many times as required, then bin it and deny all knowledge.

The thing was put together somehow, it'll come apart again. Looks like the right hand side would unscrew to me. Apply more force. Or a hammer. OK it isn't yours but as it is, unless the owner is putting you through some sort of intelligence test to see if you can open it (which BTW you've failed :evil:) it's no use to them either.
Back to the hammer then.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
As a professional engineer I would suggest that this is one of those problems that can be overcome with the application of a hammer. Apply as many times as required, then bin it and deny all knowledge.

The thing was put together somehow, it'll come apart again. Looks like the right hand side would unscrew to me. Apply more force. Or a hammer. OK it isn't yours but as it is, unless the owner is putting you through some sort of intelligence test to see if you can open it (which BTW you've failed :evil:) it's no use to them either.
Back to the hammer then.

Ahh, a Brummie. Tho I'd agree with the gradually increasing force.

And DEFINITELY do not plug into a computer.

Top Bottom