What should Dave Cornthwaite ride home from Spezi?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Something a little different. Dave Cornthwaite is speaking at the non-motorised transport show called the Spezialradmesse, or Spezi for short in April. He plans to ride back from Spezi to the UK, a 1,000 mile ride and he is giving us a chance to choose his transport. You can vote on the website, on Facebook or via Instragram. Details at Dave's website.

The transport options are:

4608040639_299x188.jpg

ICE Sprint 26X Trike

4608042099_300x201.jpg

Varibike FR3

4608040638_300x187.jpg

Troytec Revolution Low Rider

Regards
Andrew

classic33

Leg End Member
Where's the website?

Done.

I reckon if I was going to spend two weeks on the road I'd prefer the ICE Sprint, so have voted for that. It seems to be the popular choice at the moment.

Yes but Dave Cornthwaite is an adventurer. Where is the adventure in riding an ICE Sprint for two weeks across Europe? Would it not be more fun to have a bit of challenge here? After all we are talking about a guy who sailed a trike in Chile, who road a skateboard across Australia ...

ed4611117ae97bafa50c53843e841351.jpg

Of course ICE promotion of the vote has nothing to do with the ICE Spring being a popular choice does it ;)

ANDREW

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Yes but Dave Cornthwaite is an adventurer. Where is the adventure in riding an ICE Sprint for two weeks across Europe? Would it not be more fun to have a bit of challenge here? After all we are talking about a guy who sailed a trike in Chile, who road a skateboard across Australia ...

ed4611117ae97bafa50c53843e841351.jpg

Of course ICE promotion of the vote has nothing to do with the ICE Spring being a popular choice does it ;)

ANDREW
Just voting for what I like the look of TBH.;) I suppose adventure wise, the rather ungainly looking Varibike would be the one to choose :huh:.

Perhaps I'm being stupid but I don't see where it says it's sponsored by ICE.:scratch:

Last edited:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I didn't say anything about being sponsored so not sure where that is coming from I am afraid.

Andrew
Is that not what you meant buy this line?:
I've clearly misunderstood. Don't see where they are promoting the vote - no specific mention on this site or theirs.:scratch::scratch:

Is that not what you meant buy this line?:
I've clearly misunderstood. Don't see where they are promoting the vote - no specific mention on this site or theirs.:scratch::scratch:

I meant that they are promoting the vote itself, as in telling everyone they can about it ... they sent out an email to their newsletter subscribers and IIRC it is on their Facebook page as well.

Andrew

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I meant that they are promoting the vote itself, as in telling everyone they can about it ... they sent out an email to their newsletter subscribers and IIRC it is on their Facebook page as well.

Andrew
Ah, right. I'm not one of their newsletter subscribers or a facebook user so had no clue about that.:rolleyes:

Does that mean the other manufacturers haven't done anything along those lines? Missing a trick if not.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
ICE were pushing it hard at SPEZI too, although I reckon the other manufacturers were also doing so (thought I didn't speak to them).

I think the ICE was probably the best option for Dave riding back relatively unprepared. He's been in contact with me and we might meet up on Sunday or Monday although only if he does a weird diversion on his route.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
And here I shall add a quote from a German chap's report on the SPEZI bike show (not someone I know)...

"Schade, dass ich Auntie Helen nicht bewusst begegnet bin, ich hätte diese bemerkenswerte Person gerne kennengelernt! "

In other words, "I'm disappointed that I didn't get to meet Auntie Helen. I'd really like to get to know this notable person."

Top Bottom