What size of frame for a tt bike compared to a road bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Luegolover

Hello,

I am in the process of buying a time trial frame from China as the first step in creating my first tt bike but I am unsure of the size to order so I thought I'd ask for your help. I am not worried about buying a frame from China having successfully done that before so I am not looking for feedback on warranty / quality issues etc. I have decided on a frame: Hong Fu TM6 also known as the Avenger:

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/html_products/2015-full-carbon-TT-Frame-306.html

http://www.avengercycles.com/plus/view.php?aid=58

In my eyes it is a beautiful looking frame so I am saving rapidly for one as it is not cheap. During my general searching activities (teacher on holiday, nothing to do but surf) I came across a chap who is selling a 54cm frame on eBay. I missed out on it as I was out bid however he has a 51cm frame arriving in the near future and this has made me think about sizes. When my wife bought a tt bike from a shop she had a fit and ended up getting a smaller frame than her regular road bike. I believe that this is normal but I don't know for sure and as one of the challenges of buying from the internet is that I cannot have a pre-purchase trial. Anyway, my last two bikes, a Fuji Team Pro 2010 and another Chinese frame have both been 54cm and are similar in dimensions. They have both been very comfy so I am happy with the concept of a 54cm frame for a road bike. I am 5' 10" or there abouts for the record with fairly standard proportions.

Any views on this garbled post?

I am going to try to upload the frame dimensions if I can....

Attachments

• Hong Fu TM6 sizing.png
    Hong Fu TM6 sizing.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 197
  • Chinabike sizing.png
    Chinabike sizing.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Fuji Team Pro 2010 sizing.png
    Fuji Team Pro 2010 sizing.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 408

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I was told a size smaller than my road bikes and got fitted to my shiv that's a size smaller .

Top Bottom