What to wear to a test?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

Ok.......this afternoon im going to an aptitude test for a new job with a different copmpany.

Its not an interview...just sit down do two tests and a personaility profile.

So what to wear?

Im sitting at work in pants, shirt and tie at the moment but have brought my suit in as well just in case.

Do you think i need to stick the suit on or will i be ok in just the pants and shirt & tie

Bigtwin

Personally, I think some form of trousers would be a good idea.

Bigtwin

got-to-get-fit said:
I have some made out of Kraft cheese slices ....would these do?

Might be a little cheesy. Try some made of face-cloths; apparently flannels are very popular.

wafflycat

Even an aptitude test is an interview of sorts... and if you turn up in the wrong gear, it likely will count against you even though it's not supposed to be an interview.. Smart dress will likely be taken as a sign that you are taking the thing with a degree of seriousness that turning up in casual attire would not. Casual may be taken as a sign that you couldn't really give a toss.

Bigtwin

wafflycat said:
Even an aptitude test is an interview of sorts... and if you turn up in the wrong gear, it likely will count against you even though it's not supposed to be an interview.

Good point - take the single speed.

snorri

Legendary Member
got-to-get-fit said:
or will i be ok in just the pants and shirt & tie

Yes, if the test is in the USA.:biggrin:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
numbnuts said:
in that case wear a Kilt, nobody forgets a Kilt wearer :biggrin:

Very true!

I was recognised in York by folk I'd encountered in Leicester a couple of weeks earlier while wearing my kilt.

Kilts are high visual impact!

Once seen, never forgotten.

Top Bottom