What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

The Night of - 9/10
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2401256/
One episode left to watch, excellent so far , hoping for a second season depending on how it ends .

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
The BBC sitcom season.

Are You Being Served - quite possibly the worst half hour of TV I've seen in an age. Truly, truly dreadful.

Porridge - marginally better, but perhaps that was just a perception based on the preceding show.

In both cases it is difficult to see why they've bothered to remake either show, other than to prove the lack of new ideas at the BBC. The rebooted Still Open All Hours was poor and the standard continues to fall.

The Country Bus - an oddly enjoyable bit of moving wallpaper, showing the journey of the Northern Dalesman Bus from Richmond to Ingleton across the Yorkshire Dales National Park.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
I've got a couple episodes of Borderland to go and I'm not really sure if I'll bother with them. What could be a really funny and observant show is let down by lazy stereotyping and obvious jokes. The latest one I watched was struggling so badly it chucked in a couple of Family Guy and Cleveland Show gags, I assessment to remind folk that Hentemann and MacFarlane are capable of really good stuff.

I salvaged my evening's viewing with a couple of episodes of Bob's Burgers, which I think is hilarious, a bit off kilter and quite surreal at times. Definitely worth a look IMO, if only for the brilliance of Eugene.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Finally caught up with Orange is the New Black and can't believe we've got to wait until June to see season five.

Not sure what to watch next, especially as I can't find my list on the Netflix app on my TV. I'm sure it used to be there.

Tin Pot

Guru
I saw it also (and enjoyed the books). Hopefully, this series is the first of several. It certainly left various subplots open for development.

I've just got to say some of the dialogue is...questionable.

After Eritria talks about Amberle getting her "sloppy seconds" I had to pause, check the rating (it's a 15), before pressing play - the wife and kids were still awake after all.

Good series, I've given it 5 stars even though it's flawed.

macp

Guru
Dont like football but for some reason I find Class Of 92: Out of their league compulsive viewing.

midlife

Guru
DCI Banks..

Narcos..series 1
The Killing series 3

I watched DCI Banks as I quite like Katz and Tomkinson.........they just seemed like they were trying too hard to be their characters. I'll see how it develops.

Don't shoot me down in flames but Bake Off is stillone of the shows that the whole family sits down at watches. Don't mention jugs or eating carpet......way too juvenile LOL

Shaun

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I thoroughly enjoyed Full Steam Ahead... it delivered much more than the usual British Railways doc.
I'm currently re-watching Wonders of the Solar System which is just as fascinating as it was first time around.
Great Canal Journeys is a pleasure to watch, as always.
The reboot of Robot Wars was awesome!
...and All Aboard: The Country Bus was, like its predecessor, joyous... apart from too many shots of the driver in the last hour, and it would have been nice if the journey actually ended in Ingleton... I felt a bit short changed a few hundred yards after the Ribblehead Viaduct, which for some reason they called the Ribble Viaduct

I thoroughly enjoyed Full Steam Ahead... it delivered much more than the usual British Railways doc.
Yes, very good, with its emphasis on the sociological impact of the railways

Great Canal Journeys is a pleasure to watch, as always.
Was that the Prunella Scales/Timothey West series?
I watched a bit of the Leeds-Liverpool canal episode, but it seemed a bit out of synch at points, particularly around Bingley

Eg; they showed what looked very much like the Dowley Gap aquaduct (where the canal crosses the River Aire), before the 5-Rise Locks segment of film, whereas it's on the Leeds side of the locks (we start this, from the adjacent field; http://www.bingleyharriers.co.uk/events/harriers-vs-cyclists/ )

The footage showed the '5' approached from the base, then miraculously they were at the top to come down

Yes, granted, photographically, the locks look far more impressive from the bottom

I would have liked a few words said about the bridge at East Marton, that was shown, when Simon Armitage was on the boat
(I know of it, & why it was built like that, but it may have intrigued viewers?)

North Yorkshire Scenes. East Marton. Preston Turnpike Bridge (A59).JPG

Top Bottom