What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
is he a TV, or just a dandy? :rolleyes:

Not a clue, but a great musician.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Just started watching "The Last Ship". I can do spoilers as it's fairly obvious from episode 1. Pandemic virus has killed most of the world, and a US navy ship is unaffected as they haven't seen land in months. The cast and acting can be a little cheesy (like a B movie) but once you get used to that, the story is quite good. There's not a zombie in sight (I do like zombie shows but it's refreshing to watch something slightly different). Each episode reveals a new struggle where the captain and various others must use clever and intriguing strategies to stay alive.

I'd say it's a good mash-up between U-571 (the film), LOST, and to some extent star trek (but without the space ships).

Tin Pot

Guru
I once spoke to crew members from a nuclear submarine and they were the same. They all couldn't stand watching war films with submarines and a certain ice cream advert at the time.

Blackhat (the movie) however was excellent. It's good that the world can see my day to day humdrum - jumping out of helicopters, shooting through crowds on my way to a modelling gig.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Season 2 of Narcos. Another superb thoroughly gripping Netflix original.

9/10

Agreed. Scooshed it in a couple of nights. Looking forward to the third series already. Netflix series are the only counter argument you really need for folk who complain there's nothing worth watching on TV.

American Horror Story is back tomorrow. They've done well keeping the theme under wraps, but I do feel like Hotel only just finished so I'm a tiny bit worried they've rushed it. Of course, this is probably nonsense and Hotel has just lingered in my mind because it was so bloody good!

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
American Horror Story is back in my life and I'm impressed so far. They've gone for a different approach to previous series, telling it as a "true story" via reconstructions. This takes out the supernatural element (so far) and brings the creeping realism of Freak Show rather than the hyper stylised Hotel.

They're continuing to link the series together too, albeit vaguely, with the house at the centre of the story the same one Asylum was set.

Top Bottom