What was Felline doing here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Apparently he had a brake issue and while trying to sort it he got his hand trapped between fork and spokes. Painful and very effective for stopping a bike....

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Is it just me or is trying to adjust your brakes on a moving bike a silly thing to do
I've done it often. Stopping to deal with bike problems is annoying if it can be bodged on the move. That said, I wouldn't do it when wearing fingerless mitts but would with full gloves, I'd keep well away from the spokes and even then it's a good idea to be very wary because the smallest bump will mean your glove is scuffing the tyre.

It's harder to fiddle with the brakes on a road bike than most bikes because the brakes are smaller and so are the adjusters, but a small-wheel folder or front-loading cargo bike would be worse! In a neutralised zone, I'd stop. Too much pain risk for too little gain.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Now there's proof if ever there was that you cannot skid a front wheel. Instead of skidding, the rider endo's.
On a clean, dry road, that is. I know to my cost that that may not apply on wet/greasy/muddy/dusty/icy/slurry-covered roads! Oh, and leaf mulch does not offer much grip either ... :whistle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom