What was YOUR 15 seconds of fame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Back in the 1970s, I once made an impromptu appearance on a live edition of Gardening Today. I was cheating my way around the school cross country course along with a couple of my mates, and crawling under a hedge to avoid having to do a second lap of Kings Heath Park. One by one, we all looked up with an expression of horror to find that we had emerged immediately behind Cyril Fletcher and right in front of a rolling TV camera in the BBC TV Garden. It was a bit reminiscent of that scene in The Great Escape, where everyone in turn realised that the tunnel had come up 40 feet short. We all scuttled off one by one, bent over double trying not to be seen. Exit stage left, never to be seen on TV again.

PK99

Legendary Member
Ha! Just remembered!

In the late 70's I held the unofficial World Record for speed erection of a frame tent.

A friend "invented" the Mushroom Tent, a linked framework of aluminium tubes and springs. Pull two handles and the whole thing , frame and canvas, erected err, like a mushroom.

He appeared on Tomorrow's World, but i held the record!

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
I've been mistaken for Russell Watson on a couple of occasions. Mrs. Pie thought it was hilarious when one particular lady went completely gaga as we sat in a restaurant minding our own business. Pity I can't sing for shoot.

Top Bottom