What's the Postie brought you today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:becool:

DuraAce.jpg

Courtesy of ryan_w.

Oxo

Guru
That's a coincidence - I ALSO got nothing! :laugh:

I ordered some things from Amazon yesterday and discovered that I could get the parcel delivered to the local post office instead of here. The P.O. is only a 5 minute walk from here and I am often out when couriers try to deliver parcels so this is a very useful option.

We don't have a local post office anymore. Five that were within reasonable range have all closed. I didn't get anything either, but nothing new there.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
The waterproof Polaris jacket and Dry Grip gloves, as flagged up by @tincaman on the 'Found a bargain' thread last week. :okay:

The jacket is awesome and quite possibly the brightest thing I have ever owned.
The gloves are also good but a little snug (despite following their sizing guide), but at that price I'll persevere and see if they have a bit of give in them

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That's a coincidence - I ALSO got nothing! :laugh:

I ordered some things from Amazon yesterday and discovered that I could get the parcel delivered to the local post office instead of here. The P.O. is only a 5 minute walk from here and I am often out when couriers try to deliver parcels so this is a very useful option.
With me not working i've been taking parcels in for the neighbours and those not so close. The delivery bloke is getting a bit cheeky.I took a parcel in today for a house around 2 miles away! He said he'd knocked on umpteen doors but no one was in,so i was his last hope.:angel:

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
With me not working i've been taking parcels in for the neighbours and those not so close. The delivery bloke is getting a bit cheeky.I took a parcel in today for a house around 2 miles away! He said he'd knocked on umpteen doors but no one was in,so i was his last hope.:angel:
Somebody took a parcel in for me. I just got a card saying 'Hussain at number xx'. There isn't an xx in my street. It turned out to be a different street altogether. In the end, Mister Hussain knocked on my door and asked why I hadn't come round to get the parcel. I explained that I didn't know what street he lived in and I wasn't going to go round knocking on the door of number xx in every street until I found the right one!

Top Bottom