Where to go 1 week off work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
How about the Spey valley up to the coast, stopping at every distillery?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Thanks for the help I think I'll take the Greenock one first are the cycle paths any good for road bikes ?
Better surfaced than most of the roads around here! The path is the old railway line, now tarmac.
The only dodgy one I have mentioned is a section between Kilmacolm and Loch Thom if heading to Largs. There is about a mile of forestry track. I have done it on my road bike (Secteur with 25mm tyres) but for those who are particularly precious about their bikes, probably better to give it a miss. Especially during or after wet weather.

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

How about the Spey valley up to the coast, stopping at every distillery?
If i had to stop at one that would be dangerous enough never mind them all. I like whisky a little bit to much to be fair think it stems from seeing my dad and grandad enjoy it

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

Looks like Greenock and back it is then for tomorrow's excitement sorry to be annoying but where does the path start is it Paisley ??

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

I take it you failed geography then ??

Brandane

Legendary Member
No garmin but have now downloaded the gpx to my phone so that will do the trick
There is a signposted route all the way from Broomielaw. Basically squinty bridge, past BBC, cross Paisley rd west, footbridge over M8, through Pollock park, past Ross Hall hospital, into Paisley. Or alternatively, stick to Paisley Road West. Once you join the path at Paisley canal, it's hard to go wrong. Follow the signs but watch the wee on-road section through Elderslie. Sometimes the natives borrow the signs. When you get to the traffic lights at Glenpatrick road, take the wee dead end road down to the right, past a wedding car place. Pick up the path again where the road ends. Then just follow the path and signs, not forgetting to take the right turn at Linwood just after you cross over a river (it is signed), otherwise you end up at Morrisons in Johnstone.

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

There is a signposted route all the way from Broomielaw. Basically squinty bridge, past BBC, cross Paisley rd west, footbridge over M8, through Pollock park, past Ross Hall hospital, into Paisley. Or alternatively, stick to Paisley Road West. Once you join the path at Paisley canal, it's hard to go wrong. Follow the signs but watch the wee on-road section through Elderslie. Sometimes the natives borrow the signs. When you get to the traffic lights at Glenpatrick road, take the wee dead end road down to the right, past a wedding car place. Pick up the path again where the road ends. Then just follow the path and signs, not forgetting to take the right turn at Linwood just after you cross over a river (it is signed), otherwise you end up at Morrisons in Johnstone.
Thanks for all the help it's much appreciated

Top Bottom