Where to go 1 week off work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Maybe the time would be better spent looking for another job than going away on your bike, I know that sounds harsh but it could be worth it.
What's to stop him looking for a job whilst NOT on holiday, if he really wants to?
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Stuff work for a week @jnrmczip . The weather is playing ball for once; get your bike out and fill your boots! :smile:

screenman

Legendary Member
What's to stop him looking for a job whilst NOT on holiday, if he really wants to?
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Stuff work for a week @jnrmczip . The weather is playing ball for once; get your bike out and fill your boots! :smile:

Nothing to stop him doing that, but as you say all work etc. so work should be something you enjoy and the best you can get. I was merely making a suggestion.

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

I have been out today just in Glasgow though as my mate has asked me to wait until tomorrow to do Greenock as he is off work.

Enjoyed my ride but the wind was a killer today constantly in my face no the less enjoyed it.
When I'm out I can keep my average speed up to q and a half miles per hour and then it drops to 12 on the way home due to the hills hopefully soon be doing them at 15 mph also.

Glad I'm leaving Greenock till tomorrow as the wind would have spoiled it today I think.

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

I've have seen a lot of clubs online and they all look to be about how fast you can go with rules about average pace and so on before you join is there any such club that just go out touring for the day and don't want to just do things in the fastest time but actually take in the scenery . I'm not saying all clubs are about speed but it's how a few of them come across reading their pages.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Some good suggestions from @Brandane . I'll add two of my favourite cycling places:

Rosneath: The climb up from Coulport on Loch Long is hard, but on an immaculately surfaced MOD property road. And there's some amazing views down the Gare loch from up top. Combine it with a trip along the minor road through Glen Fruin (very steep climb up from Faslane, it is less masochistic to do it heading west from Loch Lomond).

The Trossachs: Do a loop of Loch Katrine from Aberfoyle. You can choose whether to do the Dukes pass from the easy or hard direction.

For more relaxed social group rides, I'd suggest GRCM.

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

Some good suggestions from @Brandane . I'll add two of my favourite cycling places:

Rosneath: The climb up from Coulport on Loch Long is hard, but on an immaculately surfaced MOD property road. And there's some amazing views down the Gare loch from up top. Combine it with a trip along the minor road through Glen Fruin (very steep climb up from Faslane, it is less masochistic to do it heading west from Loch Lomond).

The Trossachs: Do a loop of Loch Katrine from Aberfoyle. You can choose whether to do the Dukes pass from the easy or hard direction.

For more relaxed social group rides, I'd suggest GRCM.

Thank you for the routes and the advice

Top Bottom