Which insurance co?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWC

Regular
Thought it would be good to know who is paying how much & who with.... seems insane that it costs as much to insure one bike as it does to insure my Super Sports Motorbike :ninja:

ScotiaLass

Guru

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The amount of insurance people are paying is and will be meaningless, because there are so many variables to take into consideration. It will mean absolutely nothing.

vickster

Legendary Member
Certainly where part of the home insurance mix, however I think the specific bike insurance companies base on the cost of the bike (and level of cover, other services, alleged sign on discounts)

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Certainly where part of the home insurance mix, however I think the specific bike insurance companies base on the cost of the bike (and level of cover, other services, alleged sign on discounts)

But, they also take into consideration where you live, as well as other things as well. Its not a case of to insure this bike will cost x amount of money even with bike specific policies.

Crankarm

Guru
House insurance. Separate cycle insurance to insure bikes individually is a rip off. Just self insure and buy good D-locks. Make sure you have 3rd party cover though by joining British Cycling.

What's a Super Sports Motorbike?

vickster

Legendary Member
But, they also take into consideration where you live, as well as other things as well. Its not a case of to insure this bike will cost x amount of money even with bike specific policies.
Dunno, I think when I looked it cost about double the amount to insure the three bikes at the time than to insure the bikes, the rest of my contents and the building!

I just saved £584 on my car insurance. Now, as long as I don't get stopped by the police in the next year, I'm laughing.

OP
OP
SWC

SWC

Regular
House insurance. Separate cycle insurance to insure bikes individually is a rip off. Just self insure and buy good D-locks. Make sure you have 3rd party cover though by joining British Cycling.

What's a Super Sports Motorbike?

a bike that hits 60 in 2.7 seconds & goes on to a top speed of 180MPH ;)

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I have two bikes, total value £1500, on my house contents insurance, . They jacked up the premium by £22. Compared to a bike specific policy, it's an absolute steal (sorry). The good bit is that they don't have the stupid, fraudulent weasel clauses about bike locks, abandonment, railway stations etc that the bike specific wallahs do. The downside is that if you claim for a bike, they will screw you on the house contents insurance premium when you renew.
Utter bastards and ragged spivs, the lot of them.

Top Bottom