Which is 'greener'? Petrol or diesel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru

albion

Guru
I think they failed to put security patches in change every password.
And rewriting from scratch likely means they had a failed backup !

Their statement about waiting is code for 'we simply do not know what we are doing'.

However, I'm mildly confident our new government would love it all to vanish forever.

Tin Pot

Guru
Which is 'greener'? Petrol or diesel

Green now means raging anarcho-communist, so I would suggest whichever makes the most profit for the lunatic regimes of the world.

You need to say environmentally-friendly, until they give the Green Party back to the tree huggers.

albion

Guru
Seems Islington has given priority to the health of all its residents. A sensible decision I say.

".council parking tsars say diesel cars are 'not fit for inner city streets' because fumes from them are more harmful to health with 100 people a year in that one borough alone dying from them. "
"Motor manufacturers were 'misleading the public' to sell vehicles by downplaying levels of harmful nitrogen oxide emitted by diesels, she claimed.'These vehicles are not fit for inner-city streets. What we are talking about here is a real public health issue.'"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/ca...sel-tax-Islington-charges-extra-96-today.html

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
From the point of view of a cyclist commuting through London twice a day I would say petrol all the way.
All I know is that especially on still (ish) days I start coughing and wheezing by the time I get home. In the main I am cycling past stationary black taxis (diesel) buses (diesel) trucks (diesel) and Addison Lee Cabs (diesel).
From what I am hearing the next few budgets will make it extremely tough for drivers of diesel cars in particular.
Take your choice from that but for me - cycling in London and a petrol car for when the family need to go somewhere etc.

Drago

Legendary Member
Seems Islington has given priority to the health of all its residents. A sensible decision I say.

".council parking tsars say diesel cars are 'not fit for inner city streets' because fumes from them are more harmful to health with 100 people a year in that one borough alone dying from them. "
"Motor manufacturers were 'misleading the public' to sell vehicles by downplaying levels of harmful nitrogen oxide emitted by diesels, she claimed.'These vehicles are not fit for inner-city streets. What we are talking about here is a real public health issue.'"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/ca...sel-tax-Islington-charges-extra-96-today.html
Then why are virtually all of Islington Councils vehicles diesel powered, as are nearly all of those used by their contractors?

Pot and kettle?

albion

Guru
Not really. My brothers family is very green. Cycling to work, vegetarian and most veg coming from the organic allotment. Yet they have a diesel Volvo. I'm sure that will change in future but for now it is just a situation.

albion

Guru
Well, thegovernment has decided that oxygen is pointless to human life so from 2017 you can have the biggest meanest black death diesel engine at no extra VED surcharge.
Go on, rev the toxic black stuff to your hearts content.

And as to global warming, well the goverment seems to want the UK to have world heritage CO2 status. Higher CO2 levels are to be encouraged in Blighty!

Top Bottom