Which Mud-guards?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

halo

For a Cross bike? - obviously!

Not to race with - but for general commute - some of which is possibly off-road ( but not TOO seriously off-road ) the guards would come off for racing, naturally ;)

jpembroke

Mudguards? On a 'cross bike?

;)

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
For a recent commute along a muddy canal towpath and a bit of bridleway I fitted some raceblades to my cross bike (I know it isn't the done thing, but I was going to work).

Worked really well at keeping the mud off, above the knees anyway.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Have you got mudguard fixing points etc. on your frame?

Because if it's a regular commute and irregular racing then full guards might be better. You'd get through fewer headsets anyway.

RedBike

Assuming the mounting points are in sensible places you can't beat SKS full length guards. If you want to keep your feet dry and bike clean these are what you want. However, they're a major pain to put on / pull off!

Raceblades are nowhere near as effective at keeping the mud off the bike but they will keep most of it off you. They're relatively easy to pull on / off.

MTB guards don't even attempt to keep the mud off the bike and they're not brilliant at keeping it off you. However, they wont get clogged and it takes all of 5 seconds to pull them on /off.

Top Bottom