Which sports hybrid to buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alisonr

Hi All I have been reading review after review and not coming to any conclusions fast - any advice as to the best hybrid sports bike to buy?

I am tall (5 foot 10) so can get a mens or unisex bike. I want a fast light bike but am not going to get a road bike as the position is no good for my back (I need to sit much more upright).

I am getting into triathlons, and like riding on the weekends with my friends who all have road bikes, so I do want it to be quick, but also comfortable. Can spend up to say around £800 or so. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

mustang1

Guru
Hi All I have been reading review after review and not coming to any conclusions fast - any advice as to the best hybrid sports bike to buy?

I am tall (5 foot 10) so can get a mens or unisex bike. I want a fast light bike but am not going to get a road bike as the position is no good for my back (I need to sit much more upright).

I am getting into triathlons, and like riding on the weekends with my friends who all have road bikes, so I do want it to be quick, but also comfortable. Can spend up to say around £800 or so. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Can you do a triathlon without the swimming and running part?

You totally need a road bike. Anything from the big four (Scott/spesh/giant/trek/dale) is fine. Oh, there's five now. Take a spesh Allez for example, £600 for a low end model. But don't let the "low" put you off. Perhaps a tiny bitnunderspec'd for the price, you get a better deal at Giant.

Ps: stop reading and buy something. You can still read lots of stuff after you bought a bike.

13 rider

Guru
My suggestions for what there worth both from halfords
13 implicit beta hybrid £699
Boardman hybrid team £549 (reduced by £200) good price
As a 13 owner I'm bias towards the 13
Search thread beautiful new bike @Aunty Tyke has just bought a giant liv
Others will be along with other suggestions
Good look hunting .no bad bikes really in that price range go with what feels right to you

Aunty Tyke

My suggestions for what there worth both from halfords
13 implicit beta hybrid £699
Boardman hybrid team £549 (reduced by £200) good price
As a 13 owner I'm bias towards the 13
Search thread beautiful new bike @Aunty Tyke has just bought a giant liv
Others will be along with other suggestions
Good look hunting .no bad bikes really in that price range go with what feels right to you
I love my Giant Liv,and first road bike for me,just feels great!

Aunty Tyke

Giant Thrive Liv is a flat bar road bike,love it

Top Bottom