Which Trangia?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alfablue

My thoughts on the Trangia:

I have the HA 27 with kettle and use it on cycle tours with my g/f. It is large enough to cook enough rice or pasta for 2 in one pan and the veg/sauce etc in the other. Having the kettle is well worth it IMHO.

The HA works well but has scratched a bit, though I prefer this to what would ultimately become flaky non-stick.

I found a circular plastic food container with a seal and locking tabs that the burner fits in perfectly and keeps the meths where it should be.

I add 10% water to the meths and this seems to minimise soot.

I have the Trangia 500ml bottle, works well and reduces worries about leaks or refilling the burner safely. 500ml was just about enough for our last 12 day tour, cooking dinner every other day, plus hot drinks at breakfast.

I bought the Multidisc, serves a useful function as strainer, lid and cutting board.

Gotte

I know it's a bit late now, but I just got this:

http://www.clasohlson.co.uk/Product/Product.aspx?id=156003397

Excellent item. Lighter than the Trangia 27, and boils 2 cups of water for me in 6 minutes, rather than the 10 it takes with my trangia 25. It's a touch smaller that the Trangia 27, though the frying pan/plate does protrude a bit, increasing its bulk.
Only downside is there's no simmer ring, but if you use the pot holder to take the windsheild off, or are pretty adept at dropping the cap (upside down to stop it burning the seal), then this isn't really a problem.

Falcon2

The hard anodised made a mess of pancakes: I purchased a 27 and 25 ultra light hard anodised (UL HA). I had the plain aluminium version for the 25 model and non stick for the 27 model. I tried to make pancakes using the new HA pan and the pancakes stuck to the pan. Trying to pry them off just made a mess. I used lots of oil and tried lowering the heat, but it still stuck. The HA pots did not stick for I was cooking a stew with lots of liquid. I have put my old pans onto my new set. Even my old aluminium pan did not stick pancakes. The HA does not like pancakes!

Top Bottom