Which used bike..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan Ferris

Über Member
Good evening

Im in the market for an additional road bike to supplement a 2015 defy advanced pro. I don’t have a massive budget but I’m fortunate enough to have about £2,000.

I have found two potential options, both used and from fairly reputable online retailers (warranty / mechanic checks / return options etc).

I will likely upgrade wheel sets next summer but this bike I will use for club runs / social rides etc. I’d like something a little lighter than my current bike (2015 defy advanced pro standard other than hunt wheel set, not carbon).

I have two options and I wonder if anyone could review the two and if I’m missing anything between the two or are they fairly similar options and it’s down to personal preference.

Any help appreciated!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/33533879...6D28yo_TO-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Cannondale SuperSix EVO Carbon Disc Ultegra 2021
https://buycycle.page.link/Jy9YfQujmEK21dLd6

Jameshow

Veteran
I would think the orrri would be better suited to flatter areas whilst the super six is more of. Climbers bike.

vickster

Legendary Member
The purple one not the black one.
I’d not spend that much personally on a used carbon bike unless I was very sure of its history

Jameshow

Veteran
I prefer the c dale colour but it looks too strunched up tbh. I preferred to be more stretched out, surely the purpose of a race bike is to go fast!

Better the orri ime.

vickster

Legendary Member
I prefer the c dale colour but it looks too strunched up tbh. I preferred to be more stretched out, surely the purpose of a race bike is to go fast!

Better the orri ime.

It’s a small frame which might be why?!
Don’t the pros who go fast tend to ride smaller frames than most cyclists might choose based on their dimensions?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Both are very race oriented bikes with pretty sharp geometry, the Orro possibly more so, which is presumably what the OP wants. Difficult to choose between the two.
Won't be able to try by sounds of it so maybe a case eeny meenie Miney mo.

Jameshow

Veteran
It’s a small frame which might be why?!
Don’t the pros who go fast tend to ride smaller frames than most cyclists might choose based on their dimensions?

I guess so my mate rides a 52cm allez with 38cm bars I tell him I gave up BMX years ago!!

I'm a 55cm / 44cm bars guy despite being same height..

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
small frames , lighter and stiffer and maybe slightly more aero allowing them to run big drop from saddle to bars to get more aero body position was the presumed wisdom .

I had a close relation of the Cannondale Super Six (2015 carbon synapse) and they are good bikes - I have gone back down the aluminium frame route with a modern frame giving greater wheel clearance paired with Scribe 50D wheels and 28mm tubeless tyres and this is both more comfortable and quicker (total cost circa £2,000 inc Di2)

Last edited:

froze

Über Member
I would have a tough time buying a second-hand carbon fiber bike without some sort of written guarantee that it was checked for damage by an ultrasound scan machine. And why are they selling it after just one year? Makes me think something happened to it. Most damage that happens to a CF bike occurs on the inside of a tube, someplace where you won't see it.

Top Bottom