whinging wiggins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That was David Gower. :smile:
No way, he went to public school.

9 different winners in the last ten editions, I'd give him an outside shot at best.
There's these two kids called Quintana and Kwiatkowski (spelled without checking for the first time this season) who are quite good and probably, barring disaster, have the next 3 or 4 sewn up.

Flip sake dudes, this is the "Wiggins is a whinger thread", not the "Wiggins vs Froome" thread.

Can we not show some self discipline round here, this forum ain't flipping CA&D ?

(sorry just needed to have a whinge about something)
No worries, it's been a long family orientated weekend. I even had to go and walk mother in law based horses earlier. We all understand.

gavintc

Guru
Flip sake dudes, this is the "Wiggins is a whinger thread", not the "Wiggins vs Froome" thread.

Can we not show some self discipline round here, this forum ain't flipping CA&D ?

(sorry just needed to have a whinge about something)
Dont worry, it will be about bashing Froome, Cavendish, Thomas, or (add name for other successful Brit rider) shortly. Some people, just like to run down British success.

thom

____
Dont worry, it will be about bashing Froome, Cavendish, Thomas, or (add name for other successful Brit rider) shortly. Some people, just like to run down British success.
My elliptic point is different - this whole thread is an invitation for us to whinge about Brad's whinging.
That's my whinge.

With the thread.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
After all, there have only been about 17 billion Wiggins vs Froome threads on here already, haven't there......

OP
OP
ayceejay

ayceejay

Guru
In the interest of science or at least pedantry I thought I would look up whingeing.
It seems that there is no equivalent in Hindi.
The acceptable interpretation seems to be "complaining about something nobody else gives a football about".
So I stand with Wiggo - guilty as charged.

gavintc

Guru
My elliptic point is different - this whole thread is an invitation for us to whinge about Brad's whinging.
That's my whinge.

With the thread.
A cyclist is successful, simply because he can ride fast at the right time. The fact that they are not ideal PR machines, staying 'on message' all the time is just life. We expect our sportsmen to be schooled like politicians and media spin doctors. The fact they are not surprises us. So give them a break - of course they will say stupid insensitive things.

jarlrmai

Veteran
I think a common perception is that if someone is good at a sport and wins the competitions they enter that they would be happy about that, Brad just seems to not be. You want to be elated for him when he wins but when he seems down about it it's hard to empathise with him. It rubs some people the wrong way.

I just think he is trying hard to be very honest in his interviews, he love riding and training for a goal, once he's achieved that goal it's over and on to whatever next.

Top Bottom