Who has the jersey ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
I do indeed have one of the jerseys. Off the top of my head, a trip to Buxton and back would probably be around 120 miles, so I'd want at least milder temperatures than we've currently got to do it. The Peaks are a beautiful place, indeed I was there yesterday, but can be a horrific pace to be in the wrong conditions. I'm more than up for it, but can we play it by ear a little? End of April is your ride @nickyboy ?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I do indeed have one of the jerseys. Off the top of my head, a trip to Buxton and back would probably be around 120 miles, so I'd want at least milder temperatures than we've currently got to do it. The Peaks are a beautiful place, indeed I was there yesterday, but can be a horrific pace to be in the wrong conditions. I'm more than up for it, but can we play it by ear a little? End of April is your ride @nickyboy ?

I could probably get as far south as Bakewell which I presume reduces your mileage a bit. The CC ride to Llandudno (from where the shirt could be passed to someone riding back to Manchester the following day) is on April 23

MickeyBlueEyes

I could probably get as far south as Bakewell which I presume reduces your mileage a bit. The CC ride to Llandudno (from where the shirt could be passed to someone riding back to Manchester the following day) is on April 23
Bakewell will save me around 4 miles each way, to save me this how much more is it for you? The meet up, weekend or is in the week ok?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Bakewell will save me around 4 miles each way, to save me this how much more is it for you? The meet up, weekend or is in the week ok?

My work is, to some extent, flexible so just suggest a day with a decent forecast and I'll try to make it. Any time before April 23 so no rush, wait for better weather if you like

Where are you cycling from? I can't imagine anywhere in Derbyshire is 120 mile round trip to Buxton.

MickeyBlueEyes

My work is, to some extent, flexible so just suggest a day with a decent forecast and I'll try to make it. Any time before April 23 so no rush, wait for better weather if you like

Where are you cycling from? I can't imagine anywhere in Derbyshire is 120 mile round trip to Buxton.

I've just plotted the most direct route, 100 mile round trip. I'll drop you a message when I can make it (with some notice of course) and we'll make a plan.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Jersey is now in Glossop, having met @MickeyBlueEyes in Buxton this morning. Feeling somewhat guilty as I only did about 36 miles, he had done 60 just to get to the meetup

Plan is to take it on my CC Manchester - Llandudno ride on April 23 and pass it on to someone then

20160322_131827.jpg

MickeyBlueEyes

Jersey is now in Glossop, having met @MickeyBlueEyes in Buxton this morning. Feeling somewhat guilty as I only did about 36 miles, he had done 60 just to get to the meetup

Plan is to take it on my CC Manchester - Llandudno ride on April 23 and pass it on to someone then

View attachment 122423
Good to meet you @nickyboy.
In the name of the CC Jersey Relay I thought I'd turn a shift in and make it a proper ride. Looking forward to see where it will go next!
Buxton.JPG

Katherine

Guru
I hope that the photo of the handover at Manchester Piccadilly station this morning, will follow.

So now the jersey needs to go around the Manchester Cycle Chatters as well as Cheshire, then maybe into North Wales and then move onwards through Lancashire.

Any takers?

Top Bottom