Why a little research is beneficial...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Mr Chalmers is a brave but foolish man, that could easily have been a real gun and he risked not being here to tell the tale. One has to have the confidence in ones abilities to be able to do what he did.

tyred

Legendary Member
My favourite was the story I read in the papers years ago about a burglar in Dublin who dropped his driving licence in the flat he was robbing which made it pretty easy to find the culprit :laugh:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I remember seeing one of the local "hard-nuts" from school, somewhat inebriated, picking a fight with the landlord from my local. The landlord was 6'5" and a former bodyguard. The fight didn't last long.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I don't think research and learning are this chap's forte:- "He had two pages of prior convictions, the court heard."

Dave7

Legendary Member
There is a recent you tube video of a guy at a London football match (cant remember which one)........he ran over to the opposing fans and shouted something to the equivalent of "come on........lets be having you". One of the opposing fans walked up and decked him. Its worth googling as it is very fuuny.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Guy I know was subject to a mugging attempt I think in Leeds. When the police arrived they congratulated him and said it was the first time they had to call an ambulance for the perpetrators. They then apologised and charged him with assault.

macp

Guru
Surprised Mr Chalmers was not arrested. A mates mum & dad were attacked on way home. My mates dad was an ex australian police officer and a take no crap kind of guy. He floored the attacker (no weapons involved) but was arrested for GBH or something like that.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Guy I know was subject to a mugging attempt I think in Leeds. When the police arrived they congratulated him and said it was the first time they had to call an ambulance for the perpetrators. They then apologised and charged him with assault.
Arrested under similar circumstances in 1983. They let me go after a few hours.

Top Bottom