Why do we shoot?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I've spent the last 20 minutes searching t'web for pictures of huge guns. I've just given up........it's taken me that long to decide that there's nothing funny about the topic.

Here's two of mine for you to admire in a totally serious way.

Attachments

• P_20150407_174103.jpg
    P_20150407_174103.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 33

AndyRM

XOXO
The rifle appears to have a bit missing at the end of the stock?

I used to train to shoot people, people classed as enemies...

Never did, but confident I would not have felt too much in the way of remorse...

I used to have great fun shooting on MY terms

The Army used to insist we were up to date with the Annual Weapons Test, but being Royal Navy we had the choice.

So we used to do the training and fire on the ranges, but then point out that the weapons were carried by choice.

Drago

Legendary Member
I've found another use for my hunting trophies...
10557424_10153508306927588_7462671314934925700_n.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ear...is-tweets-photo-of-her-with-dead-giraffe.html

Rebecca_Francis_tw_3269261b.jpg

Comedian Ricky Gervais has reignited the hunting debate by tweeting a picture of a woman smiling while lying next to a giraffe she had killed.

Rebecca Francis, an American who hosts TV show Eye of the Hunter and won a competition called Extreme Hunting, claimed she posed with the dying animal to "honour" its life.

The Utah mother - who has previously hunted animals including zebras, lynx, bears, deer and elks - defended herself by saying the giraffe was “inevitably going to die soon”.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
right hoe, after the 'eat lead, punk!' thread got rather derailed and heated here is a thread for just that. discussing why we shooters shoot live animals, weather it's right or wrong and your opinions on it

i don't mind if this thread becomes heated in any way shape or form

so reasons i shoot:.............yes i do enjoy looking down the telescopic scope lining the cross hairs up and finishing the bunnie, squirrel etc off. it feels like an achievement and feels good to know one more of an animal i hate in it's live form is gone

do i ever feel regret, sadness or anything else like that when i shoot said animals? no. and if this makes me a soul-less, heartless bastard then so be it i won't stop shooting just because of this!
Cheers Ed

Can we have all our "like"s back please?

Not really, she came out with a load of self-justifying nonsense about how the giraffe was sick anyway. Photos on her facebook page include her pulling a dead lion's lip back to show his teeth off.

I cannot quite see the sense of achievement these people get from shooting something. They have a gun and the animal has not. Just a tad one sided surely?
Then the idiots who shoot pheasants; a stupid animal that does not run away and flies really slowly is bred, put into some scrubland where you know it is, someone chases it so that it takes off into the air, you shoot it. Wow big man!
Why not just get a job in an abattoir blowing brains out of cows?

Top Bottom