Wife knocked of her bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
We was out doing our normal Thursday evening ride, Four of us set of upon reaching a roundabout two of the guys got through with no problem, Meanwhile Debi (my wife) and myself waited for the traffic to clear before proceeding, Half way across the roundabout a 4x4 pulls onto the roundabout without looking, Hits Deb from behind send her sprawling to the ground, We were lit up light Christmas tree's. FFS. Phoned a ambulance was told it was going to be 45 minutes, I phoned my son who came to pick up the bikes, In the meantime the driver had rung her son who came to the scene, he offered to take us to the hospital, as Deb was in a lot of pain we excepted the lift, It turns out she has a badly broken little finger. Spent 4 hours at the hospital was told we had to go to the Royal free Friday morning, Spent another 4 hours there then was told to come back on Monday so they can operate on it, they are talking about pinning it together. The police managed to track us down at the hospital where we both gave statements, The police then said they where going to interview the driver. Today i contacted the police got a crime number, also contacted British cycling who got there solicitor to ring us, which they did within the hour, Tomorrow morning i am tacking the bike to the LBS where they are going to check out the frame, The wheels are knackered, bar tape and shifters damaged, Then we will have to wait and see what the outcome is, Deb was supposed to be riding at the Velodrome in three weeks time she will be disappointed to miss that, Not a good start to the year.
Have just found out the peanut who hit her was a doctor, She offered no help to Deb at all. WTF is that all about. Deb has just phoned the woman for her insurance details, The peanut never even asked how she was,
finger.jpg
Terrible news. I hope she heals quickly and that the doctor doesn't catch the evasionary lying virus.

Oh, I mistakenly pressed the like button instead of the reply button. I immediately unliked it but I'm saying so that you don't get the impression that it was intentional.

Ouch. GWS to your wife.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
+GWS Debi!
cover170x170.jpe

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I hate roundabouts!
Poor Debie, it must be painful, broken bone, broken bike.
Probably the "Doctor" did not know what to do, maybe she was not a medical doctor (TMN to me :smile:).
A big GWS to Mrs. @derrick, the injuries could have been much worse :hugs:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
My neighbour used to call herself Dr G*********. She had a PhD in medieval history.
If someone introduces me as Dr Bollo (insert real name) I always feel the need to say "I'm not a proper doctor" before they start showing me their bunions. If you've any questions on positrons though, I'm your man.

RichardB

Slightly retro
If someone introduces me as Dr Bollo (insert real name) I always feel the need to say "I'm not a proper doctor" before they start showing me their bunions. If you've any questions on positrons though, I'm your man.
Worth remembering that the term 'doctor', meaning 'teacher', has been an academic title for over a thousand years. The meaning of 'medical practitioner' is much more recent. You should be saying "I am a proper doctor, which is why I don't want to see your bunions".

Full disclosure: I am not a doctor in either sense.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Sounds awful Derrick, I wish your wife a very swift recovery. I always enjoy your posts in the 'your ride today' thread and I hope you and your wife will be back on the road together very soon.

Top Bottom