Wiggle - Good returns policy / Fibre Flare

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wiggle

Recently had to return a 'fibre flare' as one of the small clips had snapped (pic at bottom), wiggle had me send back the whole package and replaced it in full for a brand new one. No complaints from me even if it made no sense to send the whole thing back instead of just the broken part.:wacko:

Anyway, in praise of wiggle!:thumbsup:

untitled.jpg

Fibre Flare

Just how bendy are they? I've seen pics of them bent into a horseshoe but I dont trust it not to snap, how safely can you bend em?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You can bend them right round quite easy if bent the correct way. they can't snap rather then if bent the wrong way will pull the wires out.

I would suggest putting some grease or vaseline over the rubber seals. They are very susceptible to rain ingress which will kill 'em.

OP
OP
wiggydiggy

wiggydiggy

Guru
You can bend them right round quite easy if bent the correct way. they can't snap rather then if bent the wrong way will pull the wires out.

I would suggest putting some grease or vaseline over the rubber seals. They are very susceptible to rain ingress which will kill 'em.

Bend as much as this?

untitled2.jpg

Gotta admit having had similar 'bendy' things snap before I'm cautious.

Good tip on the vaseline though, I'm going to be jury rigging it to the top side of my rear mudguard and was worried about splash....

Edge705

Just sent back a faulty garmin GSC10 to wiggle after 10 months use they are refunding in full I just wanted a replacement or repair so no complaints on their returns policy from me

Incidentaly the fibre flare packaging tells you not to bend the flare have to say Im mighty impressed with the pair I bought very effective but without question the most powerful blinding rear light Ive seen is the Light and Motion 180 crikey it borders on being illegal its that bright for a rear light and neat and tidy too

The 180 on constant and me two FF's on flash will set me up nicely for my dark lane winter commutes

OP
OP
wiggydiggy

wiggydiggy

Guru
Wiggles refund policy seems to be a winner then? Good stuff....

I only got the 1 flare, I dont have a pitch black commute unless I go off road where the need for powerful rear lights is less impotent.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I like the fibre flares so much that i imported a yellow one and use it as a side light :smile:

Top Bottom