will my helmet get nicked if i leave it on my bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

united4ever

Über Member
In office car park? Of course the bike will be locked. Cannot get the musty smell from the helmet to go away. Tried submerging it for an hour with Dettol and warm water but still stinks. Trouble is if I bring it in the office there is nowhere to put it without offending peoples nostrils. Not had any complaints but would be awkward if I did. Cheers

just put your lock through one of the helmet straps. Someone would have cut** the strap to steal it, rendering it useless.

Also look at getting replacement foam for your helmet. Smell is almost certainly in foam pads.

** missed a critical word, oops! Now fixed

Last edited:

MiK1138

Veteran
In office car park? Of course the bike will be locked. Cannot get the musty smell from the helmet to go away. Tried submerging it for an hour with Dettol and warm water but still stinks. Trouble is if I bring it in the office there is nowhere to put it without offending peoples nostrils. Not had any complaints but would be awkward if I did. Cheers
Put your lock through the strap, no good stealing a helmet if you have to cut the strap

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've never ever had a smelly helmet! What on earth do people do with them?
If you have to leave it on the bike, find a cable that will loop through one of the slots and secure it that way...

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Im amazed you want to put a helmet on your head that you have submerged in dettol for an hour and still failed to stop it from being minging.

Buy a new helmet. They are cheap enough.

sidevalve

Über Member
There are people out there who would steal your back teeth if they could. If it stinks that bad buy a new one.

vickster

Legendary Member
Store it in a bag in the office, but agreed if it smells that bad, get a new one, and wear a buff when using the new one to avoid stink again, wash the buff after every use with the rest of your kit

Top Bottom