Winchester to London (well Croydon actually) - 28 March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yep, I still want to do the London to Brighton night ride on March 6.

Always the Germans...There's only one word for it "Rhubarb!" or should that be
Rhababerbarbarabarbarbarenbartbarbierbierbarbärbel...or something like that. It means going to a bar for a haircut in Brighton and ending up looking like people playing 'Follow my leider'.

(*It's OK Olaf - I mean 'your' language no harm - I was looking for the long word that describes a steam ship captain on the Danube, blowing his whistle etc.(not the one about the beef labelling supervision etc) I was chatting to a German teacher on Saturdag :smile: )

lilolee

Veteran
Shame, I'll be in Belgium that weekend. Have fun.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Always the Germans...There's only one word for it "Rhubarb!" or should that be
Rhababerbarbarabarbarbarenbartbarbierbierbarbärbel...or something like that. It means going to a bar for a haircut in Brighton and ending up looking like people playing 'Follow my leider'.

(*It's OK Olaf - I mean 'your' language no harm - I was looking for the long word that describes a steam ship captain on the Danube, blowing his whistle etc.(not the one about the beef labelling supervision etc) I was chatting to a German teacher on Saturdag :smile: )

No worries. The word you're looking for is Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hello everyone,
I need to get back on the scene daan sarf and this ride sounds ideal, I shall pootle down to London or Winchester or Brighton or wherever and cobble together a plan!
Hull London Brighton Winchester London Hull??
Like the old days.

I'll figure out if I'm speedy enough for this in the coming months as I'm a maybe. Can always combine it with a trip to see my brother in *shudder* Basingstoke and get the train to Winchester in the morning.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I'm up for a drop of this. 9:00am at Winch station means a depart of 8:58am for me :wahhey:.
..well, Aldi anyway. Is there one in Winchester? Yes!
Next to the Waitrose dear chap. As it should be.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Hello everyone,
I need to get back on the scene daan sarf and this ride sounds ideal, I shall pootle down to London or Winchester or Brighton or wherever and cobble together a plan!
Hull London Brighton Winchester London Hull??
Brighton would be slightly out of the way Mike (unless you fancy making it a DIY 1000km....)..

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Like the old days.

I'll figure out if I'm speedy enough for this in the coming months as I'm a maybe. Can always combine it with a trip to see my brother in *shudder* Basingstoke and get the train to Winchester in the morning.
As Ross said, you'll be fine. Wishing to avoid Amazingstoke is of course perfectly natural (I usually do!).

gbs

Guru
I will watch this space. I might ride down on the previous day or o/night if the numbers (or rain drops) are not large.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
No, no - stay put. The night time sweaties can come to yours to get fed, dry and warm..as it's so close...:whistle:
It's close, but suddenly very difficult to find.:whistle: Seriously, if anyone needs a cup of tea or somewhere to park themselves for an hour or two then I'm happy to host. I also know a decent but small cafe (here) a few minutes from the station that opens at 7:30. I can check with them about hosting a group of smelly-@rsed cyclists and I might pop down there myself for second breakfast.

Do you know Clifton Rd, Paul?
Sure do. If this is a lead-in to some tale of debauchery then lets hear it.......:secret:

Ex lives there, and will be the Christmas residence for son, that's all. I'll tell him to grab you for a pint.
Qualification for breakfast venue so often depends on the quality of the glove drier, sock drier, bibshort blower hand drier in situ...but any café might be better than a Mcdodopolis.

Top Bottom