Winchester to London (well Croydon actually) - 28 March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
I've just seen this - daft to have missed the oppo last night to discuss it with the perpetrators - but definitely interested. Seems some way off but please keep me on the list as interested.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I've put the date in my diary in case you need a repeat performance.
The new date doesn't work for me.

Still the roundabout is easy - when you know how:
At the first roundabout (after Shell garage) go right - as if you were going into Tesco car park.
On the exit of the roundabout there is a dropped kerb on your left.
Use that to get on the pavement and reverse your course - so now heading back towards the roundabout, (but as if you were going to take it anticlockwise)
Stay on the pavement as it curves round heading for the next roundabout (the big A34/M3 one) .... and then all becomes clear with the underpasses.
http://goo.gl/maps/ffdd1

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
The new date doesn't work for me.

Still the roundabout is easy - when you know how:
At the first roundabout (after Shell garage) go right - as if you were going into Tesco car park.
On the exit of the roundabout there is a dropped kerb on your left.
Use that to get on the pavement and reverse your course - so now heading back towards the roundabout, (but as if you were going to take it anticlockwise)
Stay on the pavement as it curves round heading for the next roundabout (the big A34/M3 one) .... and then all becomes clear with the underpasses.
http://goo.gl/maps/ffdd1
S'ok Pete. The underpass used to be part of my commute. I'll see them past the syringes and bottles of truckers' tizer.

Just remembered there's a convent on Clifton Rd. You didn't drive the poor woman into the arms of Rome, did you?:angel::evil:
Tsk. Probably. Well, roam...although I didn't know she had so many disciples until I had cast myself onto the road in despair...then I thought 'Wow!' So many of my 'friends' were keen to 'rescue her' from the arms of Hades..and I never knew. Those were the days. I never got cross. And the Bible? I'll pulp it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Forgot about this ride..
Still up for it.
What time is the kick off from Winchester as will be getting the train down,

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
what's the distance/

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Departure from Winchester station will be 9.00am. Unfortunately though, it looks I will have to change the date as I may be out of the country that week. I'll update this thread and the title in the next few days.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
As Ian says, the date of this is now confirmed.

This is the list of people who registered an interest up thread.

@Trickedem
@ianrauk
@Aperitif
@CharlieB
@mikeee
@ttcycle
@Bollo
@StuAff
@Gordon P
@AKA Bob
@sagefly

I'll review and refine the route over the next few days and post it shortly, but the plan is still to leave Winchester station at 9.00am.

Let me know if you're all still in. And I've not ruled out riding down overnight if anyone else is interested - although we'd probably not leave HPC until 2.00am at the earliest.

Top Bottom