Winchester to London (well Croydon actually) - 28 March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Seems train tickets to Winchester have sky-rocketed since last time. Group save might be an option for those not wanting to ride down

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Still in. Will probably ride up (rather than down) and turn off for home rather than ride all the way to the smoke.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I'm unlikely, Ross...my left hand is still intermittently excruciatingly painful - couldn't even ride last week. Driving me mad, this lack of strength and control...
Get a grip, 'Teef! Cross fingers that it's better in time.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
GWS Teef.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Rachel S and myself plan to join you. It is doubtful if we will stay with you all the way and will probably turn left when we reach Munstead Heath Road and head for Berkshire and home once we cycled pass my childhood home and centre of operations for my first cycling adventures..

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
A little bump.
@Trickedem
@ianrauk
@mikeee
@ttcycle
@Bollo
@StuAff - some of the way
@Gordon P
@AKA Bob & Rachel S
@sagefly
@Mark Grant

I will most likely cycle down overnight, via a fairly direct route. Leaving HPC at 2.00am, with a short stop at a 24 hour petrol station (I think we stopped at the BP/M&S place on the A30 in Bagshot last time). That will get us to Winchester at around 7.30am, even allowing for mechanicals and a stop. The route is 65 miles, something like this, although I do need to check it, so all suggestions welcome. That's enough time for some McPorridge before starting the ride proper at 9.00am.

The ride back will leave Winchester station taking this route. First stop will be at the Greco Grill (mile 28), then Rykas Cafe (mile 61 1/2) to re-fuel before Boxhill. From there we'll go on to East Croydon station where the ride will end. 78 miles total. Depending on how we're doing for time and how people are feeling, we may skip Whitedown and take the more direct (and busier) A25 via Dorking to Boxhill, but that will be decided on the day.

Top Bottom