windows 7 home lscence key

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Bit of an odd one i know :smile:
My pc died so i dug out the one in the loft , transfered the HDD over and it boots but it say the liscence key is invalid so im guessing that windows thinks its a new installation so it says invalid key .

Has anyone got one unregistered lying around please?

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Does your old pc have the COA on it as that will have the license key on it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
For anybody else who wants a Win 7 licence ... Software Geeks are currently doing them for only £14.99. I have bought 2 this year and both registered with Microsoft without any problems. You can download the OS and key and have the OS installed and running in about an hour, assuming that you have a reasonable broadband connection.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Thanks all :smile:
After a bit more playing i think im beating a dead horse , pc loads windows but it has a devil of a time recognizing other devices, tried to read a good memory stick to install wlan drivers and it tried to read it for 5 mins then said insert media and the disc drive is a bit dodgy .

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you need a new unit and don't want to spend loads, look for the ex. office refurbs. They are like new. Budget in about £100 extra for an SSD and you'll have a very fast system for £300 or less.

I picked up a Lenovo Thinkstation for £250 and had an SSD out of the old PC. It's ideal for word, web, etc. etc. and boots up in a split second. I just cloned the original HD to the SSD with freely available software. It has a newish Xeon 4 core processor and a Nvidia Quadro graphics card. It's also very quiet.

Aria PC have a selection of ex. office computers. My missus is happy as you can just switch it on and be answering emails/checking the bank in seconds. She is treasurer for a 'club' and also looks after her mum's finances, so being able to get on-line in seconds whilst getting ready for work is a bonus. The old PC was rather slow.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

In a strange twist i decided to have another go with the pc that i thought the mobo was toast , i did a cmos reset and took everything out and built it up and the upshot is the ide connector is the problem as it had a couple of bent pins somehow so when you put a cable in it causes a beep error POST.If i take the cable out ( known good cable) it boots and loads win 10 from the sata drive .
I have ordered a ide to pci card and will transfer the drivers to usb on my laptop so i can install them and get the dvd drive working which is the only thing on the ide .

Top Bottom