Winter jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
needs to be warm, windproof and take the odd shower - will be used for commutes and clubrides

What you got guys?

Im leaning towards the long sleeve gabba, but is there anything else that could sway me

outlash

also available in orange
I have the Rapha pro team jacket and a Gore Oxygen SO model for winter duties. The Rapha is a fantastic jacket but you'll have to layer up when it's really cold. The Gore is warmer so gets used more when the temperature drops. I also have a Polaris vortex II which is so ridiculously warm it only sees daylight when the mercury drop into minus figures.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I have the Rapha pro team jacket and a Gore Oxygen SO model for winter duties. The Rapha is a fantastic jacket but you'll have to layer up when it's really cold. The Gore is warmer so gets used more when the temperature drops. I also have a Polaris vortex II which is so ridiculously warm it only sees daylight when the mercury drop into minus figures.
Ive already got a rapha sky pro cycling softshell.....but its black nd blue, so ok for the clubrides, but not the commutes

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Why can't you do commutes in a Black/Blue jacket?
It will be dark in winter, want something a bit briighter in low light conditions for the mornings and dark conditions in the evenings

400bhp

Guru
Ok, 2 questions for you:

How winter is winter? Down to, say -5 to +5, or something for milder

And (probably more important) do you normally run hot (either naturally or because you're generally making an effort)?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Ok, 2 questions for you:

How winter is winter? Down to, say -5 to +5, or something for milder

And (probably more important) do you normally run hot (either naturally or because you're generally making an effort)?
Upto first week december and then restart february if not icy - i run pretty hot

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Why not just wear a light coloured gilet over the top?
That is an option, but then thats adding layere to an already bloated, running hot, male cyclist.......was looking for a baseleyer, jacket combo.....rather than base, jacket, gilet

OP
OP
J

jowwy

[QUOTE 3826388, member: 259"]What price do you want to pay? Rapha budget or Mountain Warehouse budget?[/QUOTE]
Budget is upto 120ish..........

OP
OP
J

jowwy

[QUOTE 3826418, member: 259"]Bugger, you've just missed the assos factory shop sale![/QUOTE]
That is a bugger indeed mort

400bhp

Guru
Upto first week december and then restart february if not icy - i run pretty hot

right-dont go for a softshell. It will be far too hot for you. I use a fairly cheap Planet X Biemme top. Slightly fleecy but thin. Worn all last winter with either one or 2 combo of baselayers. Or an old Altura autumn jacket and, as above,with layer combos.

If I was buying something now I would go for something like a Sugoi, Castelli etc.

Top Bottom