Winter Olympics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can't wait, but then I used to compete in a winter sport, what a low profile it has in this country which is a shame because for a nation that doesn't get reliable snowy winters we have a lot of competitors, some with a real chance of bringing back a medal. The two I will be watching are Lizzy Yarnold in the Skeleton and Andrew Musgrave in the x-country sprint discipline. Anyone else watching?

Me and Eileen will be watching, I will be rooting for the Army lads

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
No, I will not be watching any of it, because it is in Putin's Russia. 'Nuff said.

To be fair, I normally watch it and will miss seeing if Eve Muirhead and her team do well in the Curling, but, hey ho.

No, I will not be watching any of it, because it is in Putin's Russia. 'Nuff said.

To be fair, I normally watch it and will miss seeing if Eve Muirhead and her team do well in the Curling, but, hey ho.
Fair enough, but nothing to do with the athletes who have trained hard for this one occasion. I think they deserve our support, the real villains in this are the Olympic Committee, and Putin of course.

VamP

Banned
Yeah, I am a huge winter sports fan. The only sport I have no interest in is curling. Bloody bollocks.

Ganymede

Veteran
Have you seen the German team kit? Rainbow coloured ^_^

I am very into winter sports as a keen skier myself so although I am conflicted I will probably watch. I also want to see if anyone protests live! I have finally got good enough to ski the Olympic run in Val d'Isere, but have to confess, not without stopping at the top of the Wall.

Apparently the Brits invented the skeleton bob, sheer madness and probably why we tend to win medals at it!

Doseone

Guru
Can't wait, but then I used to compete in a winter sport, what a low profile it has in this country which is a shame because for a nation that doesn't get reliable snowy winters we have a lot of competitors, some with a real chance of bringing back a medal. The two I will be watching are Lizzy Yarnold in the Skeleton and Andrew Musgrave in the x-country sprint discipline. Anyone else watching?

What did you compete in?

I love winter sports, really enjoy watching bobsleigh (would love to have a go) and stuff like biathlon.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I watched a little bit of one as there was nothing else on . It was just people ski ing slow . Pure rubbish that made me laugh :laugh:

Stephenite

Membå
Can't escape it living in Norway.
I'm hoping Andrew Musgrave gets a medal this time. The fella lives in Norway and has competed in the Norwegian national championships the past couple of years. Coming 2nd last year, and 1st this year!! I don't know how this happens though. I don't believe he is quicker than the norwegians over 15km. There must be other factors at play.
The tea-tray, or the skeleton, is something i look forward to. You have to be mental to do that.

Come on the UK!

Top Bottom