Winter Olympics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Or the story of the large woman on the plane wanting a sleep and crushing one of the guys behind with the reclining seat ('The full weight of the Graf Hindenburg landed on me....'), only to complain when the guys dared to talk.

I can't remember why I read it. Probably the reference to Antarctica.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
No, I will not be watching any of it, because it is in Putin's Russia. 'Nuff said.

To be fair, I normally watch it and will miss seeing if Eve Muirhead and her team do well in the Curling, but, hey ho.

I normally prefer the Winter games to over-rated summer ones. From a gay perspective, lots of strapping blokes in tight uniforms:laugh:.

However, I will not be watching this since, as an out gay man, I regard Putin as a corrupt nasty little power crazy Tsar. These games apparently cost more than all others combined. It's an insane amount to spend.
I stand with my gay brothers and sisters in Putin's Russia who are persecuted:
http://www.channel4.com/news/hunted-russia-gay-dispatches-channel-4-video

Vidor06

Long term loafer
While on honeymoon we took a day trip to Innsbruck and stopped off at the Olympic ski jump. I was amazed how small the arena was. When you see it on TV you imagine that its a vast space. Mrs Vidor and I have avidly watched the Winter Olympics ever since

Last edited:

Ganymede

Veteran
I normally prefer the Winter games to over-rated summer ones. From a gay perspective, lots of strapping blokes in tight uniforms:laugh:.

However, I will not be watching this since, as an out gay man, I regard Putin as a corrupt nasty little power crazy Tsar. These games apparently cost more than all others combined. It's an insane amount to spend.
I stand with my gay brothers and sisters in Putin's Russia who are persecuted:
http://www.channel4.com/news/hunted-russia-gay-dispatches-channel-4-video

Oh goodness yes, captain nemo - to both your points. The strapping blokes are simply mesmerising in real life, and it's not just me being a pervy old cougar (I've already confessed to that!) - but as athletes they are astonishing, the sheer power and elegance of what they do makes it so I guess.

I was watching Ski Sunday yesterday and of course there was a lot of Olympic build-up. The Olympics (both kinds) are such a bizarre welter of young hopefuls and their dreams/corrupt business leaders and their less commendable dreams/politicians of all hues and their aggrandisement - not to mention the cheating and the betting and the exploitation. It breaks my heart really, to see young athletes compromised by all this - and for my gay friends and family members I am appalled at Putin. I see that Stonewall is not saying we should boycott, we should raise awareness. I try to do my best to do this.

Ganymede

Veteran
It's somewhat hilarious that the link I just posted includes :ohmy:...

Ganymede

Veteran

jhawk

Veteran
Behold:
winter.jpg

They've been advised, I read somewhere, not to wear them outside of either the city or the competition - can't remember which one. But it's not for security concerns as initially reported, oh no, it's because they'll be laughed at!

Top Bottom