Winter wheels back on.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Just put my winter wheels back on to my Tricross, which means I have pretty much given up on getting another tour in this year :sad:. They are the original wheels which came fitted to the bike, but a few years ago I bought a nicer pair of touring wheels from Spa cycles. I stick them on at the start of "the season" whenever that might be, but let the winter wheels take the wear from the winter muck and salt. This is almost as bad a day in the annual calendar as the clocks going back at the end of October. See you in March/April; summer wheels! :smile:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Truly, you must have your own rain cloud!
Weather wise it has been a lovely couple of weeks, September looks more promising than August has been, morning and evening you don't need a jacket on the bike.
If I had the time, I would go for another tour now.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
If I had the time, I would go for another tour now.
So would I; I'm not making any reference to the weather this time (other than winter being round the corner)! :okay:
Unfortunately I have the exterior of my house to get painted before the weather changes, and then there is work, so being realistic the chances of doing a proper tour (i.e. FRANCE!) this year are slim. I might manage a few days somewhere, maybe even another C2C, but the winter wheels will be fine for that :smile:.

Globalti

Legendary Member
As a cyclist, winter doesn't start for me until Lancashire CC start salting the roads. That's when I'll consider taking the Tricross with discs and mudguards. If the roads are dry I'll take the summer bike and just give it a good wash down after the ride to get all the blown salt off. It needs more servicing but is such a joy to ride.

Top Bottom