Women's cycle wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkeylc

Über Member
My other half has informed me that she would like to cycle :huh: so if any of you have something for sale for someone approx 5ft 8in (ish) can you let me know.

Cheers.

young Ed

Veteran
MTB, road? budget? flat or drop bar?
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
monkeylc

monkeylc

Über Member
Don't think she'll want a full road bike, she has mentioned 'a basket' :sad:

Something like a hybrid with decent spec that won't fall apart after a month.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Why the lack of enthusiasm?

I noticed that as well. There are lots of men on this forum who would jump up and down with glee if they're OH said they wanted to join theyre men. Is there a problem? Perhaps she isn't much of a cyclist?

OP
OP
monkeylc

monkeylc

Über Member
No problem? Just don't think it'll last.

Is this the cyclechat relationship problem page? :scratch:^_^
I'm just after a bike really....

it may be that a half decent bike to start her off will help keep her interest.

have a butchers at the Decathlon site - lots of value there - and theres one in Coventry so not too far.

welsh dragon

Exactly as above. If you buy a secondhand bike, things could go wrong and she could be put off, but buy a decent bike say hybrid, and she may well get the bug. Dawes do nice hybrids as well. @ScotiaLass has just bought one. It looks lovely, and didn't cost an arm and a leg either.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Looked at some new bikes and she's decided on a folding style cycle but doesn't have to be a folder just the frame style.
Anyone?
If it's in the budget I would get a Brompton. It's a robust bike, versatile, does not need to be folded but soon the convenience will be evident.

welsh dragon

Tern make some quite nice bikes and like Pat says you don't have to fold them, if your not sure if your OH will like cycling, there are some nice cheap folders on Amazon. She can try one, and if she likes it you can always buy a more expensive one. There is a thread already here I think its called decathlons and (other cheap folders). May be worth a look.

Top Bottom