Womens tour 2016 [may be SPOILERS]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Next Sunday, starting in Northampton, finishing in Kettering.
If I don't do London Brighton I'll be at the start then beat them to the finish! (obviously by taking a more direct route :okay:)

Proto

Legendary Member
Someone l know (same running club/cycling club, & daughters PE tutor) rode the Women's Tour de Yorkshire, but sadly it doesn't seem that her team got an invite to this race

There are only three British UCI registered teams, Podium Ambition, Drops and Wiggle. Limited number of places meant one of them was going to be disappointed. Wiggle were a dead cert to start, and Drops got chosen over Podium. British Cycling managed to get their Team Breeze a start, which seems a little unfair to me as Podium have had much better results this year.

Last edited:

oldroadman

Veteran
Team Breeze get in as a National Team, which is in the regulations. Drops have consistently supported and improved through the season, sad for PA but choices have to be made and generally are based on both results and potential in the longer, harder races.
It's even worse for the men's team for the ToB, they are in a fight for places which was announced, I'm told, at the ToB launch in February, by the organisers. Quite a challenge for team managers if Tour Series results are to count (which bear no relation to an eight day race averaging 160km + every day).

Someone l know (same running club/cycling club, & daughters PE tutor) rode the Women's Tour de Yorkshire, but sadly it doesn't seem that her team got an invite to this race

Wasn't 100% sure on criteria for entry, as they got a 'wild-card', after much pressure from team-manager at the T de Y
It's an old pic, on the home-page, as Liz (Burrows) isn't included
http://teamjadan.com/

lyn1

Über Member
Team Breeze get in as a National Team, which is in the regulations. Drops have consistently supported and improved through the season, sad for PA but choices have to be made and generally are based on both results and potential in the longer, harder races.
It's even worse for the men's team for the ToB, they are in a fight for places which was announced, I'm told, at the ToB launch in February, by the organisers. Quite a challenge for team managers if Tour Series results are to count (which bear no relation to an eight day race averaging 160km + every day).

Yes, but a deliberate policy by Sweetspot to force managers to send strong teams to the Tour Series ( which they organise as well as ToB). when in practice they may prefer to have guys in overseas road races.

On the huh

Saw the start at Southwold and managed to pop home to Lowestoft to see them come through the town.

27693902495_610f5d5cba_z.jpg
27693902495_610f5d5cba_z.jpg

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
What great support in the towns along the route. Seems like every local school was there - great news for promoting cycling in this country.

Top Bottom