Woodrup ss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
image.jpeg
Been a West Yorkshire lad I should really be looking at one of these for my next bike but the wife may have something to say

:thumbsup:

Very nice looking! I've had a quick scan around their site, but no real info on prices. Have you had any quotes from them for this frame/bike?

J

OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
Very nice looking! I've had a quick scan around their site, but no real info on prices. Have you had any quotes from them for this frame/bike?

J

I did a rough enquiry last year for one making up in a CX/gravel style and think it was around £3-3.5k hand built steel frame. See if I can find the email

OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
Its just been said to me, "yes of course you can save up and get one....on 2 conditions"
The first was price & the second was that I go to Leeds to collect it and have to ride it back home the same day via Skipton, Gargrave, settle, ingleton and into Lancaster. No overnight stop at mi mams either or getting mi dad to drive me back :headshake:
Well I see that as a yes then :biggrin: best get seriously training

Its just been said to me, "yes of course you can save up and get one....on 2 conditions"
The first was price & the second was that I go to Leeds to collect it and have to ride it back home the same day via Skipton, Gargrave, settle, ingleton and into Lancaster. No overnight stop at mi mams either or getting mi dad to drive me back :headshake:
Well I see that as a yes then :biggrin: best get seriously training
Sounds like a good ride to me :okay:
^_^

OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
And the prices are.......

track’ frame be it for the track or the road starts at £795 for a Reynolds 631 tubed frame and fork, painted any colour you like [additional panels extra] VAT to be added.

Add a further £90 for Reynolds 725 tubing and again a further £90 for 853 tubing.

Does that seem reasonable for the frame. I thought for a hand built frame it was good, maybe @biggs682 could offer some advice on Reynolds frames ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
That is 2-300 pounds different from my locally respected builder who I am strongly trying to going to see.

http://leecoopercycles.webs.com/framesandforks.htm

I am fairly sure Biggs has a frame from him.

Local is best, I did look at Rourke but feel if I do get a custom build it should be from a Yorkshire builder

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

Cycleops

Legendary Member

track’ frame be it for the track or the road starts at £795 for a Reynolds 631 tubed frame and fork, painted any colour you like [additional panels extra] VAT to be added.

Add a further £90 for Reynolds 725 tubing and again a further £90 for 853 tubing.

Does that seem reasonable for the frame. I thought for a hand built frame it was good, maybe @biggs682 could offer some advice on Reynolds frames ?

That seems very expensive for just the frame. On another thread here somebody said they paid £1200 for a Kona (complete bike) with 853.
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/k...body-owned-or-ridden-one.206081/#post-4435631
I know it's not like for like but as an indication.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

If they are built to your spec then ok but if shop built to a std spec then ouch

but try Lee Cooper you wont be dissapointed

Top Bottom