World Cup Championship - Lee Valley (Spoilers may occur)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Me and Mrs Dr Bollo are in attendance tomorrow for the early session. I'm taking the decent camera so I'll try and get a few snaps.

OP
OP
deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I feel like a fraud because I'm only now looking up details on the event! A friend for the tickets.
Just as long as you weren't there in the middle with the corporate tickets yesterday it doesn't matter where the tickets are from, it's where you are that counts.

Meanwhile, having just watched the madison...how can you measure a lap gained when there's no peloton to measure it against? I didn't think the Brits could win madisons at this level!:wahhey:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
A few of the many pics I took today. It was a great day out, with the superb Laura Trott providing most of the best bits. Jason Kenny's keirin repechage was also a highlight. Apologies for the quality. Until Santa brings me some fast and long glass so I can drop the ISO, I'm always going to be struggling withe action shots indoors.

15962078442_17433d1e5a.jpg

This is the Japanese coach passing timing calls to a rider in the ladies' omnium individual pursuit. Each coach had a characteristic pose for this - this is my favourite.
15343087463_db67609f2b.jpg

A pensive Laura Trott, just before her pursuit ride in the omnium.
15960722881_060c0de835.jpg

15340417334_ec8f5bf834.jpg

15960686901_f2a3139965.jpg

I took this because this French rider started to do her hair while riding no hands on rollers. I tried no hands on the rollers once - still have the scar.
15343042133_c6f66950fe.jpg

15343026533_654c79b2f0.jpg

15340356374_40a260b1b7.jpg

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I'll confess to a sneaking admiration of Anna Meares. She's not at her best but you could see how fiercely she competed in every race. My last but one photo is one of the races where she ran Kristina Vogel to the line. At the start line Meares and Vogel seemed to do a real boxer's eye-f*** with each other. It was proper tense.

Last edited:

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Well what a great night that was! Here's the obligatory pano shot from my seat:

IMG_2145.JPG

That's Laura Trott warming up down there, which I'm slightly embarrassed to admit was very hypnotic to watch.
IMG_2146.JPG

I was also really impressed with the venue (tons of beer and bogs!) although I could have done without the pumping 110db techo booming out of the speakers. Was also a shame the hot dog place didn't take cards, I had to tolerate the niff without the gratification of getting outside of one :sad:

By the time I made it back to where my bike was locked up (there was a depressingly small number of bikes parked) I had a puncture, possibly due to the cycle parking area being liberally coated with puncture-inflicting flints! Why? I was cursing my super-secure hex axle nuts until a nice American fellow lent me his multi-tool!

sleaver

Veteran
Until Santa brings me some fast and long glass so I can drop the ISO, I'm always going to be struggling withe action shots indoors.
Looking pretty good to me. Especially the one of Mears and Vogal on the line which unless as I am wrong, (haven't look at my photos yet) puts my attempts at getting a shot like that to shame especially has I had fast glass :rolleyes:

Top Bottom