World Cup Manchester 1st-3rd Nov 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just ordered my tickets at http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/britishcycling?dm_i=LKG,1OV1T,334LM8,5ZBK4,1
Schedule at http://www.trackworldcup.co.uk/Schedule

Not cheap for good seats - I remember the days when an evenings Revolution could be had for £6!

We've booked all day Sat.
P.S. Click on the Masters in September by mistake and the seats are really cheap!!
Blame wiggins/cav etc for that making it popular on TV ! Good for the sport .but bad for us wanting to spectate
For £6 ... I remember sitting in the seats(Evening) at the track with a hand full of spectators watching a final take place with hoy sprinting round the track !

what a brilliant afternoon!

up at stupid o'clock to get up to manchester on the train. found the velodrome after getting stuck in asda car park. waited outside in the rain....

TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!

ok, i didn't see the medal races, but i got to see all the teams in qualifying and soaked up the atmosphere.

spent most of the session standing at the bends and taking photos. i find it very hard to sit and watch the racing and you can get amazingly close if you stand at the top of the banked bends.

those pursuit women are dashed popular - think they outdo Cav and wiggo for crowd support.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

up at stupid o'clock to get up to manchester on the train. found the velodrome after getting stuck in asda car park. waited outside in the rain....

TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!

ok, i didn't see the medal races, but i got to see all the teams in qualifying and soaked up the atmosphere.

spent most of the session standing at the bends and taking photos. i find it very hard to sit and watch the racing and you can get amazingly close if you stand at the top of the banked bends.

those pursuit women are dashed popular - think they outdo Cav and wiggo for crowd support.
Those pursuiters fully deserve their popularity. 2 world records and I'm sure they'll get it lower.

Those pursuiters fully deserve their popularity. 2 world records and I'm sure they'll get it lower.

indeed! plus, they are very good at being nice - it sounds odd, but they look like they love what they are doing and they love the fans - Trott removed her helmet as she warmed down and all of them, Jo especially, were waving to the crowd.

the atmosphere at the track was fantastic and a lot of the teams seemed to lap it up (sorry) and appreciate the support.

looking forward to revolution at the olympic velodrome next year now!

colly

Re member eR

TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/any-interest-in-cc-manchester-velodrome-session.139567/

Longers is organising a session next year if you fancy it.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It's on the 'Red Button' again this evening. :thumbsup:
And now for a grumble about BBC coverage of UCI events. If you go to the UCI Channel on Youtube there's a perfectly decent live stream of a fair proportion of the sessions. But these are not available in the UK because the BBC has bought partial rights to broadcast it. So the effect of buying TV rights is that an otherwise free-to-view livestream is blocked for the UK as a whole. Licence payers are paying for the right to not be able to watch!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYic-3Blu4o

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I'd rather the BBC didn't bother so we could watch the whole thing on the UCI youtube channel. I'd rather endure foreign commentary than listen to the dreck they come out with on the BBC. Yesterday the doofus said the women don't have the power to take a lap in the scratch race (I wonder if he realised that the women are racing other women?), almost immediately one of the riders pinged off the front and took a lap. Then minutes later a 3 woman break got away and took another lap.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'd rather the BBC didn't bother so we could watch the whole thing on the UCI youtube channel. I'd rather endure foreign commentary than listen to the dreck they come out with on the BBC. Yesterday the doofus said the women don't have the power to take a lap in the scratch race (I wonder if he realised that the women are racing other women?), almost immediately one of the riders pinged off the front and took a lap. Then minutes later a 3 woman break got away and took another lap.
I missed the coverage, was that Hugh Porter? He's very, err, old school, shall we say?

Top Bottom