World Naked Bike Ride - do I have the balls?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've wanted to do the WNBR for years but never got it together, partly, i now realise, because i only had one bollock and I was a bit self conscious. And when i recently had my other one removed my first thought in relation to the WNBR was 'well thats the end of that'.

And then I thought; 'bollocks to it! I'm going to do it anyway. Im not ashamed, and though its been challenging, theres plenty of people who've been through much worse - losing tits or uteruses, or internal organs or limbs. Or lives.

And so I'm going to do the York NBR this year, (eeek) and when I announced it in another thread a couple of people (getagrip and classic33) very kindly offered to donate some dosh to a charidee. It hadnt crossed my mind TBH but i think its a great idea. If you like the idea of me getting my kit off and parading around York I invite you to pledge a few quid to Orchid Cancer.

Of course you might be motivated to sponsor this slightly overweight, hairy backed, middle aged man by the simple fact that if Im riding around York I cant be pedalling around your town in the nip.

http://www.justgiving.com/mickle

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Good on you Mickle!
That takes balls.
I'm planning on unveiling myself on the London ride for the first time.

deanE

If you are going to get your kit off and parade around York then I will cough up a couple of quid or so. As long as you stay in York and not venture down to Cornwall. Sign up to a justgiving account and post the details. I am sure there’ll be lots of takers, I mean givers.

classic33

Leg End Member
Given that the ride is an organised one, will there be the requirement for helmets to be worn, by those taking part, or will they stick with the name?

avsd

Guru
Get yourself up on Just Giving and we can put our money where are posts are :thumbsup:
I up for a few quid and will pay extra for lack of photographic evidence.

PS Make sure you pick a decent charity - no dog/cat/horse/donkey homes please.

Top Bottom